trade for s2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

briansteffen

I'm looking at a s2000 and trying to get them to trade straight up for my civic. the s2000 is a 2000 and has a salvage title and needs a new roof. My civic is a 99 si with 85000 miles a salvage title and has upgraded suspension, intake, exhaust, flywheel, clutch, ls fifth and ignition. What do you guys think.

how many miles on the s2k?

i personally wouldn't BUY either one, but straight trade, it would be ok.

The motor in the s2000 is worth more than your salvage titled 99si.

Not a chance in hell. Maybe, just maybe it could happen if your si was a perfect little cherry with a clean title and no aftermarket crap on it.

I guess I'd be kinda hesitant to buy just about anything with a salvage title unless I'd be rebuilding it(call me old-fashioned that way), but if the motor and everything looks fine and it just needs a new roof, I'd say it would be worth a shot. If you can talk them into letting you take it to your mechanic, all the better in my mind.

damn that was a good first post, being that he took the words right outta my mouth.

I'm going to be very hesitant. My civic has a salvage title and I have owned it for four years and have had no problems with it. I don't have a mechanic and have been working on Honda's for the last ten years. But I have never worked on or even driven a S2000. what are the most important things to look for. I don't think I'm trading the si now maybe my del sol and the rest in cash.

i wouldn't spend $500 on ANYTHING with a salvage title for the purpose of driving on public roads.

even if fixed, that car was one time deemed unsafe for the road... and should it be in another accident, it may cost you your life.

should it be in another accident, it may cost you your life.
:werd:

looking at the car everything may look ok but if it was in a accident that the damage costs are more then needed repair chances are the crumble zones all are shit... the frame probely is pointing in a million directions

The only reason I wouldn't buy one is because of crash damage or resale value. A good number down here get salvage titles because the engines are stolen. When those are replaced and properly tuned, the cars are fine. That's more the exception than the norm though...

Back