transmission oil change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

any suggestions for what is the best oil to use in my tranny. 90 zc civic.
and any tricks to prevent me from suicide when attempting to refill tranny

refill tranny with a long funnel and a 90 degree elbow, or use a suction gun...

or a funnel with a piece of hosing...

Honda MTF around 6.50 a quart from dealer.

Pennzoil synchromesh. 2.5 qts. This is easier than an oil change and will take less than 10 minutes. No suicide required ;)

Q: where do you refill ?

91 civic hb d15b2 ,factory as of now , question is though , when i am under the car i see one screw with a square for my ratchet , obviously to drain the oil .. then a lil ways up is a bolt , is that truly the refill spot ? not sure so i haven't attempted this yet ...

any help would be awesome ,

thanx

Yes the higher one is the refill point. I would suggest finding a way to keep your car level when filling or close to level. Just like they have said, it should take 3.5q. You can use 5w-30 no problem or go with the honda 'genuine' transsmission oil.

sorry gonna be a cheap ass cause when i pull that motor that trannys going too , its a 4 speed stick and i hate 4 speed .. it pisses me off .. driving on the highway , shifting into 4 , just feels so empty ... like i was ripped of by not getting a 5th gear ....

10w-30 already in the back of the car , just needed that info afore i went and did something stupid ...

thanx

Back