Transmission Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right now, I have a 94 LS motor, I have completely stripped it down put new rings, seals, everything from the oil pan up. My only problem is that the motor is sitting on a stand awaiting a transmission. Do you know how hard it is to find a Hydraulic LS Transmission in my area with no grinds? Its like a dime a dozen. Well anyways, Im thinking of just buying a cable tranny and using the hyrdo to cable conversion kit. What do you guys think? Yes or no? BTW this is going into a 92 Hatch

the hydro to cable is just like it sounds it is made for a hydro tranny to be coverted to a cable car not the other way around

get a hydro. the cost of doing the conversion will end up being the same anyway... and frankly, its a pain in the ass to convert IMO.
ls tranny's are a dime a dozen

Originally posted by B16ASilverhonda@Mar 24 2004, 11:15 PM
Right now, I have a 94 LS motor, I have completely stripped it down put new rings, seals, everything from the oil pan up. My only problem is that the motor is sitting on a stand awaiting a transmission. Do you know how hard it is to find a Hydraulic LS Transmission in my area with no grinds? Its like a dime a dozen. Well anyways, Im thinking of just buying a cable tranny and using the hyrdo to cable conversion kit. What do you guys think? Yes or no? BTW this is going into a 92 Hatch

not being an asshole, but a dime a dozen means they are alot around, easy to come by. B)

Back