UNofficial TEXAS honda swap meet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey! I've noticed that there are alot of people from Texas around here. I thought it would be fun if we could get together for a cruise. Maybe hit up a track and/or dragstrip somewhere around here. Any ideas?

I can't host it, of course.. I live in Brownwood and there are no tracks within an hour and a half of this place. I know several back roads that make for great drives (twisty, hilly, very technical) but they aren't legal racing spots. I don't want to host a ticket fest.

Any ideas? I'm willing to help out however I can!

xj0hnx

VIP
When are you thinking? I am going to be back in about a month, and my car should be there about a month after that.

phunky.buddha

Admin
VIP
A Texas meet would definitely be cool.

Houston = one decent drag strip, TX Motorsports Ranch opening up soon, TX World Speedway close by
DFW = one decent drag strip (1/4), TX Motorsports Ranch there too

I think it would be pretty sweet to have just a general meet, but a track day or HPDE where we all get together would be badass too.

One thing that would be badass would be a group getting together at the Mazda Zoom Zoom Live! event. There's one in Houston on 9/24-9/25, and one in Dallas on 10/1-10/2.

I'm signed up for:

Houston 9/24 (Saturday) 11am
Dallas 10/1 (Saturday) 9:15am

http://www.zoomzoomlive.com <-- sign up!!!

If anyone can register and meet me out there at a similar run time, it could be a nice mini-meet. I'll also be in Houston tomorrow for a BMW event at Reliant Part @ 10:30am, so shoot me a message if you'd like to meet up there too. The time window will be pretty slim though.

I didn't have any timeframe in mind.. maybe in the next few months.

I would love to get some track time, (twisties, etc) If there are any places in texas that do that. I haven't heard of any.

Anyway, I've done some racing at Ennis, TX. That is a really nice strip.

Abilene, TX has a 1/8th mile. I hate 1/8th mile.

phunky.buddha

Admin
VIP
Well, sign up for the Mazda event and meet me out there.

Track time with twisties = HPDE = TX World Speedway or Motorsports Ranch. The Drivers' Edge is usually the organization that puts together the most events. Cost typically runs about $300-350 for the weekend, and then you have to prep the car a bit (tech inspection) and make sure you have a legal helmet (SA2000, M2000). It's fun as hell though, and definitely worth the money.

xj0hnx

VIP
Arizona if by far the worst. Although tx does take FOREVER to get through.

I'm about 3 hours outside of dallas/ft worth.. not a bad drive at all! Maybe we can hit up ennis or something.