Unsolved Mystery's, Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchboy

Sleeves+boost=Love
Allrite i did a mini me swap (d16a6 block,d16z6 head) in my 90 civic hb. She drives awsome and i have no check engine lights coming on or anything. Thank god. BUT, the damn thing keeps over heating and i can NOT figure it out. I have put a new thermostat in thinking it was that, that didnt fix it, then i put a new water pump in, that didnt fix it. So i bled the coolant and tried to get all the air out, and it is still doing it. I NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM SOLVED SO I DONT BLOW ANOTHER HEAD, lol Someone please help. Should i flush the radiator?
Oh by the way it only over heats like when i am stopped at a light or something then start accelorating again to the speed limit then it will start over heating until i let off of the throttle and just cruise, but sometimes it stays realy hot. and YES the radiator fan does work.

Thankx in advance,
Dan

It is recommended from the factory that you change radiator caps every 5 years cause the seals go bad. Its a cheap replacement and could keep you from overheating!

i did this same swap in my 90 si hatch. unfortunetly i blew the trans w/ in 20 mins from when i got the car back ! haha . i also noticed when i did this swap my car ran so hot practically overheating as you explain. May sound dumb but i had smoke coming out of my heater core.. i dont know if it was shot or what. i would do some more research on this swap. i did weeks and weeks of it and i never saw any problems w/ heat.

Originally posted by hatchboy@Jan 20 2003, 03:58 PM
YES the radiator fan does work.

yeah, i'm fuckin clueless, i mean you changed alot... are you loosing coolant at all, i guess you might as well try the cap.... cant hurt now

are there any clogs? (mainly in radaitor) did you remove the shroud?

allrite i flushed the hole entire coolant system for 2 hours and it hasnt overheated yet, tommarrow i am going to go drive alot so we will see what happens!alot of shit came out of my radiator.
thanks for the help guys!
hondaswap members are the shiat!
-dan

is there steam coming out of rad. when u open cap(with rad full)
check copression..
and hope u dont have blowen u know what............
if no u probably have a plug rad.
to check use a temp info red light just check inlet temp and outlet temp

Originally posted by tomtom@Jan 22 2003, 08:51 AM
is there steam coming out of rad. when u open cap(with rad full)
check copression..
and hope u dont have blowen u know what............
if no u probably have a plug rad.
to check use a temp info red light just check inlet temp and outlet temp

s3db64c7622646.jpg

Back