forum options

• stay on vb3

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • upgrade to vb4

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • migrate to IPB

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm surprised how often I see software that just is NOT compatible with the last years version of itself. And then the support people swear up and down on a stack of bibles that it is. Let's see, AutoCAD 2010 is stable as fuck with a 2010 drawing, but try working on an older version drawing in 2010 and you better set your autosave for 30 seconds.

ding!

we still keep 08 and 09 on our detailer machines for just that reason :lol:

I used to work at a company that used a program called corptax which was similar in its inability to interact with the prior version.

Professional Tax Software from CORPTAX

This is the biggest bloated pos ever created. Half the buttons don’t work and it is NOT user intuitive at all. The “program” is actually three programs running off the same gui, and users are required to save multiple times in order to do even the most redundant of tasks (printing, previewing, etc). Each year it gets updated to a more bloated, slower version.. and every year data from the prior year needs to be re-entered manually because the system isnt able to roll itself over.

Last edited:
Want to use a program that has absolutely "zero" backwards compatibility. Solidworks, you can not save a drawing as a prior version. Which forces everyone who uses Solidworks have a software maintenance package and upgrade.

On topic, I really do like the vb4 on other sites I frequent

Want to use a program that has absolutely "zero" backwards compatibility. Solidworks, you can not save a drawing as a prior version. Which forces everyone who uses Solidworks have a software maintenance package and upgrade.

On topic, I really do like the vb4 on other sites I frequent

same as FormZ. and you need a USB keycard to even start the program.

Back