Usdm Type R Headers Any Good For The B18c1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ASpec818

i was getting the usdm type r headers put into my hatch along with a gsr motor. I know that the jdm has good performance gains but is there a difference between the usdm one? Will i be better off using the usdm type r headers of should i just use the stock gsr header? I will also be using the usdm itr cat.

The ITR header is for a b16 head, you will have to make flange mods for it to fit a b18c1 head, IF it will even fit.

is there any kind of difference between the usdm itr header as opposed to the jdm one? i thought they both had a 2.5 collector? i could be wrong. enlighten me.

peace!

Originally posted by ekPhred@Feb 16 2003, 07:40 AM
is there any kind of difference between the usdm itr header as opposed to the jdm one? i thought they both had a 2.5 collector? i could be wrong. enlighten me.

peace!

USDM 2.0 collector

JDM 2.5 collector

no one is talking about the intake manifold . so iab codes wont be a problem

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 16 2003, 01:59 AM
The ITR header is for a b16 head, you will have to make flange mods for it to fit a b18c1 head, IF it will even fit.

wrong, it will bolt up, its the intake side you have to worry about on b18c1's, they exhaust manifolds are swappable.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Feb 18 2003, 04:52 PM
are usdm itr exhaust manifolds the same design as the jdm ones, besides the collector?

no they are a 2 peice 4-2-1 just like all the other honda/acura i-4's... probly better than most but still not as good as the JDM ITR

yep bolts up perfectly. all b-series fit all b-series (as i know now). i also got a usdm itr cat connected to the headers.

I said you might have a problem b/c when you go look at headers, you see a lot of them saying "does not fit GSR".. My bad tho.

only the intake side bolt patterns are different on b-series heads.

the only other probelm that may arise is that it won't clear the oil pan. a b16 is physically a shorter deck. if it cuts it close on a b16, it prob wont fit a gsr or ls

Back