V-TEC Scream on z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shithatch

I had a z6 in my auto civ coupe. I couldnt even hear it engage and i had a full intake exhaust- stock header- and msd. How will it do when i drop one into my hatch? 5 speed dc header full exhaust. Is there anyway i can make it louder like with an aem v2 or somethin? just wonderin cause im a vtec nut

Short ram intake, get a VTEC controller and set your VTEC crossover to 6500rpm or something. It'll really scream then, and you'll be really really slow.

Single-cam VTEC doesn't scream, sorry. It exists more for fuel economy than it does for performance.

:withstupid:

i'm tired of hearing people say their vtec isn't loud enough- christ it's not a noise maker it's a method of increasing power

it you want funny noises coming from your car have a friend sit in the passenger seat and make blow off valve noises between shifts

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 4 2004, 12:04 PM
it you want funny noises coming from your car have a friend sit in the passenger seat and make blow off valve noises between shifts
[post=398078]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: :bo: :lol:

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Oct 4 2004, 06:47 PM
Swap in a B16 if you want to hear vtec scream.
[post=398066]Quoted post[/post]​

:shrug2: :shrug2: :hmm: :buyanm:

and another thing....why the fuck are people spelling VTEC V-TEC??? WHERE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN IT SPELLED THAT WAY?

Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 4 2004, 01:10 PM
and another thing....why the fuck are people spelling VTEC V-TEC??? WHERE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN IT SPELLED THAT WAY?
[post=398112]Quoted post[/post]​

Columbus_Chill.gif

:D

my stock gsr rarely had a scream, but it sure does haul ass though. then it really screamed after i put in my cams and an upgraded ecu. and it hauls more ass now. it's all about power, not sound.

B16 with a built head, with PYR race spec cams, and an open header is the loudest vtec you can get, I know, Im now part deaf........

somebody should call the dumbass who invented the turbo/blow off valve noise simulator--Vtec noise maker is right up his alley

ROFL!!!!!!!
even have it have the RPM adjustment for around 5500....lol.....

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Oct 4 2004, 11:58 PM
somebody should call the dumbass who invented the turbo/blow off valve noise simulator--Vtec noise maker is right up his alley
[post=398387]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmmm I should look into that... the guy that made the fake BOV thing is surely making a killing off of it...

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 4 2004, 02:04 PM

i'm tired of hearing people say their vtec isn't loud enough- christ it's not a noise maker it's a method of increasing power

I already have a friend that does this lol :D

all i gota do is point at him and i can have Noz, turbo, a super charger, or louder Vtec. though his specialty is blow off valves

Originally posted by UDT+Oct 5 2004, 02:37 PM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Oct 4 2004, 02:04 PM

I already have a friend that does this lol :D
[post=398625]Quoted post[/post]​

Every time I get in my buddy's bucket I make the most brutal second gear chirp noise everytime the automatic tranny shifts...... :D

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Oct 5 2004, 12:02 AM
yea, ive even heard a ford festiva with one(the car had rims, tinted windows with massive bubbles, and an apc muffler)
[post=398391]Quoted post[/post]​

I used to have a car that matches that description, except for the rims :ph34r:

Back