Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

old pic. have more goodies now and less wiring ;)

l_5e2e8411220eeee135279cd953056b72.jpg

I couldn't get past that crappy waste gate.

Engine is running on borrowed time with that sucker.

waste gate worked fine.

why is it crappy?

and yes it is a aftermarket valve cover but I had it polished and yes i know its a LS, big deal never said it wasnt.

waste gate worked fine.

why is it crappy?

and yes it is a aftermarket valve cover but I had it polished and yes i know its a LS, big deal never said it wasnt.

Because it's a delta wastegate, they're known for working just about as reliable as a Chevy gauge cluster.

It's one of those things... if it stops working right just ONCE your engine can be toast, even if you have sleeves, custom rods and pistons.

I had a Deltawaste gate, the first thing I did was removed it from the box and gave it away or trashed it I can't remember. I never let it make it to my car.

I ran a Tial on my civic and right now I'm running a Tial on my 3.5L

wow yes i have been thru the same problem with a malfunctioning deltagate. i just dont trust them any more either heck i dont really trust any waste gates. I now have a 12psi ignition cut programed in my AEM so in case it ever creaps over that 10psi im runining ill be safe

Chopped and cromed after starting life as a type r valve cover.

Attachments

• 100_0159.JPG
    100_0159.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 730
nice pix guys,havent seen anything too crazy yet,but still nice

yes it is a aftermarket valve cover but I had it polished and yes i know its a LS, big deal never said it wasnt.

And you don't think that's lame at all that the valve cover on your non-VTEC engine says "DOHC VTEC" on it?

And you don't think that's lame at all that the valve cover on your non-VTEC engine says "DOHC VTEC" on it?

well i never really told anybody it was a DOHC VTEC everybody knows its not and its a nice valve cover.....I said why not.

its just like my Type R front bumper, hood, and lip. not a Type R but it looks nice correct?

holy crap thats nice!

This wasnt too much work either. I clamped the valve cover down and chopped it with a cut of wheel, then I used a 3 inch grinder with a roloc disk to clean it up. Then I blasted it in a glass cabinet to clean off all of the old powercoating. It only cost $125 to have it chromed locally at Nebraska Plating and they did a stellar job.

I don't have any gaskets for it right now so I can't put it on.:( But here is a before and after.
100_2147.jpg

100_2374.jpg

This is what I have right now:

100_2264.jpg

Last edited:
Back