Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here are better representations of the true color and how well it plays with the Carbon Kevlar Password JDM intake. Looks like I know what spark plug cover I've got to look for...

Last edited:
35741003.jpg

16131289.jpg
Wow, those are some slick covers... I might go along with you and 'jen and get a few spares to experiment with...

higher quality pics of my valve cover...

Attachments

• DSCN0356.JPG
    DSCN0356.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 482
  • DSCN0357.JPG
    DSCN0357.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 449
pretty nice..motor is all isolated from everything..and oem hood dampers SWEET!!!

What's cool is the bottom has sealed cover and the top side is sealed, has a nice rubber gasket that goes all the way around the motor. keeps everything super clean.

I'm thinking about making myself a seal for my neon... I know you guys might say "it's just a neon" but i'd like to keep my 130 ponies clean lol..

so that might be my next project after i finish a few things.

I hear those password:JDM carbon intakes sound pretty sweet... I wish there was someting similar for a Neon...

OH well.. I guess I'll just have to DIY one for myself as well.

I hear those password:JDM carbon intakes sound pretty sweet... I wish there was someting similar for a Neon...

OH well.. I guess I'll just have to DIY one for myself as well.
After I installed it, the first time I put it under under load I almost blew mine! :D

Move your battery and fuse box and you might be able to stuff one in there.

Clean up that power steering pump and line. i cleaned my line up and sprayed the metal with silver paint. looked like a brand new line! :) id make the pump black & the pulley silver.

I striped my cover... painted it 3 coats solid grey primer.. 3 coats chrome.. and then 3 cotes anodized orange.. something from Canadian tire that was on sale... then I was stupid and used break clean to wash sanding dust off and washed every speck of paint clean off it.. :eek:.. Then I beat it up with the chain hoist putting the motor in... no luck at all.. lol

Can you get spray paint hardener? the paint on my cover is really soft you can flick it off with a finger nail..

Attachments

• IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    708.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3695.JPG
    IMG_3695.JPG
    804 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    828.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    763.5 KB · Views: 181
that is the same color my new cover is going^^
and im pretty sure if you put on some clear coat it will be good to go..

idk man... i think i like how my throttle body is literally connected to the filter... makes it sound pretty sweet..

Clean up that power steering pump and line. i cleaned my line up and sprayed the metal with silver paint. looked like a brand new line! :) id make the pump black & the pulley silver.
Yea I was gonna switch them when I swapped in the replacement but they cut the old one. I want to detail the engine bay but getting out on the motorcycle is just so much of a better way to pass a day. Eventually I'll pull it and paint it.
I'll probably do everything satin black with stainless hardware though.

After I installed it, the first time I put it under under load I almost blew mine! :D

Move your battery and fuse box and you might be able to stuff one in there.

Now that I've given it some more thought... I might be able to fit one on there.

I ust have to remove that crappy rubber intake hose, couple the TB to the intake mani, then it should work fine...

How long is the whale penis... lol

width? bahahaa

Yea I was gonna switch them when I swapped in the replacement but they cut the old one. I want to detail the engine bay but getting out on the motorcycle is just so much of a better way to pass a day. Eventually I'll pull it and paint it.
I'll probably do everything satin black with stainless hardware though.

nice

well im extremely pissed!!!!
i just went and spent $10 on a god damn can of paint..painted my new cover and guess what...the weather fucked it up!!!
the cover started out flat red(previous owner)...i put a lime green coat down(too make the orange pop brighter) laid down the orange and left..come back..the orange got soo fogged up from the drop in temp.. that it went from the orange newfie sol posted..to a peachy color...
what a god damn shame..so now im going to wait till tomorrow and see if the little bit i have left would be enough to fix it...if not im going to do anodized purple...ill post pix of what it looks like now :.(

Can you get spray paint hardener? the paint on my cover is really soft you can flick it off with a finger nail..

you put the paint on too thick, you need to either bake it or do it over.... again.

well im extremely pissed!!!!
i just went and spent $10 on a god damn can of paint..painted my new cover and guess what...the weather fucked it up!!!
the cover started out flat red(previous owner)...i put a lime green coat down(too make the orange pop brighter) laid down the orange and left..come back..the orange got soo fogged up from the drop in temp.. that it went from the orange newfie sol posted..to a peachy color...
what a god damn shame..so now im going to wait till tomorrow and see if the little bit i have left would be enough to fix it...if not im going to do anodized purple...ill post pix of what it looks like now :.(

i never paint anything outside, unless the weather is perfect and no changes predicted.
otherwise i paint inside (garage or something like) which is better because no wind means less trash in the paint.

im not much into customizing my car now, but i painted a bass guitar last weekend, just for fucks sake im going to post it, because im fairly proud of the paint job and its to me its equivalent to customizing a valve cover.
started off gloss black with chrome hardware, but the chrome was pitted and flaking.
now its flat black, with a nice thick coat of flat clear, and gloss black hardware.

Attachments

• Photo0714.jpg
    Photo0714.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo0719.jpg
    Photo0719.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 158
word thats pretty sick..yes i fucked up just one time and it pisses me off..i shoulda waited..
anyway we could get the thread name changed to PAINT WORK!!!
lol fuck it anyone who wants post anything you have painted

Back