Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its a tiny bit darker than the pic shows it to be.

That pic was taken from 2.5 feet away with a flash.

wait how hot was it baked for??
and you did put the motor in already right??
i learned from my mistakes..always have a spare to beat up..or paint it after its in :)

Started with a few hours at 170, then finished it out at 250 degrees.

Motor is not in. Mounts still aren't friggin here. Will just put a moving blanket over it while installing.. Or just leave it off. The valve cover isn't on the motor yet.. Its not really a show thing anyway.. It was just hideous to look at, and now it is slightly less hideous. Motor is currently sporting a aluminum foil valve cover and a tarp.

These are a couple of my all-time favorites. I can't decide which one I like the best....

24 Karat gold plated...

24K.jpg

Homer Simpson, "D'OH!!"

DOH.jpg

and the Los Angeles valve cover...

LAvalvecover.jpg

Enjoy!!!

in my opinion, grinding the 16-valve and the word honda off would look good.
what would also look good is tape off the H and polish it to a shine.

-edit- bleh, emblem polishing would be really pointless and would waste your paintjob. don't listen to me haha.

Last edited:
y would it ruin the paintjob????????
i judt did s cover and polished the letters.came out great..

easy.. grab a block of wood, wrap sandpaper around wood..

so after you sand the H, how would you go about polishing it without getting polish or swirls in the surrounding paint, tape it off?

and lol @ the failing at home row comment.:cool:

yep just tape it off..
ive been doing covers for soo damn long

That LA one is fuckin' sick. I think my next build is gonna have Long Beach just like that. I'ma bite that style lol. I tried to look for the scarface valve cover but I can't seem to find it...

That is the body colored one...

DSC06945.jpg

That is the stock one.

The first photo was a cell phone pic which is why the quality is so grainy!

Last edited:
Back