Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no rudeness intended but i was talking about polishing the H logo and letters if you leave them on, after it's already painted, just making it clear. :)

yes, he is saying that if you put chapstick on the raised letters, then paint the valve cover, you can wipe the paint off of the raised letters with ease. you can also use vaseline.
therefore it will still be bare metal, no sanding needed.
you polish bare metal. very easily i might add. take a bit of metal polish, use your finger tip, dip the rag in the polish, use the rag to slowly polish the letters.

confirmed. on my f22, i polished the letters first then taped them off then painted the cover, not vice versa, but, whatever's easier. i think it'd be easier to polish the letters w/o the cover being painted.

either way, lol.

Wow. How about this?

Strip the valve cover, polish the "H" and/or the the letters, put some chapstick/vaseline over the "H" and/or letters, paint the valve cover, then wipe the chapstick/vaseline off..........

Was it really that difficult to understand?

lmao i polished the letters before i painted it..then painted it..then taped off the cover and sanded the paint off the polished letters..then went over again real quick with polish..

well heres the cover for my a6z6 minime..keep in mind i already painted this cover anodized purple..after i had painted it i had polished the letters..it looked sick..well a week later i put clear coat on it and the clear fogged up and looked like shit..so i stripped it and redid it anodized red..came out a darker candy red..
but heres the process.
1.white primer
2.chrome basecoat
3.light coat of red
4.heavy coats of red
5.i will be polishing the letters but im going to wait about a week..until i can get the tape and the sandpaper..i will also be wetsanding to get rid of orange peel..you can see the differance between in the sun and in the shade..

l_38e96da1da664b508ef5e3c3fd8bce0b.jpg
l_d0175fba335640fb8661382be105a1ea.jpg
l_9b8718dfde20455ba3f6d2e5b2bb39f1.jpg
l_e9ee46c0b7cf4d55b2569eca4cdcfaf2.jpg
l_3a99243fb49c47369377ac816c430b28.jpg
l_7fc02d1ca13c4e809529c6d299947287.jpg

looks good injen, yeah the orange peels stick out in the shade. i like how it candied, that woulda went with my '92 cb7 accord, it had maroon interior :)

well i used the glitter shit that ive used on all my other covers and i dont like how it turned the paint..maybe when i look at it in the daylight i might reconsider but after i looked at it last night it dulled the candy effect and thats what i loved about the cover..so i dunno ill have pix up in a little bit

How the hell do they hide the wiring and stuff? Thats crazy.

Back