van helsing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

just got back from watching van helsing, and i have to say, it was god-awful. The acting was the worst i have seen since mr. rogers neighborhood. This is just a warning to you guys, the movie is so bad, its actually funny. so if you decide to watch it, dont expect too much.

That's a shame. BTW, I saw The Godsend on Tuesday night and it was bad too. Thankfully, I only paid $4 to see it.

I went and saw Vanhelsing... I thought it was pretty good, myself... if for nothing more than all the CG work... They've come a LOOONG way since Star Wars. ;)

SHO NUFF!!

i downloaded it. i thought van helsing was decent. :D

SirKid, wtf are you talking about?!?! The preview looked like shit. I haven't seen it, but the animation looked HORRIBLE from the previews I saw....but then again I'm VERY picky. If I can tell its computer animated, its not done well.

Originally posted by ktanaka@May 8 2004, 10:00 AM
SirKid, wtf are you talking about?!?! The preview looked like shit. I haven't seen it, but the animation looked HORRIBLE from the previews I saw....but then again I'm VERY picky. If I can tell its computer animated, its not done well.

:lol:

U must either be blind or hate every piece of CG ever made then.

SIDENOTE: if you really wanna see bad CG watch Under Siege 2

sucks, i was going to go see it as well.

dont go see "envy"... worst movie i have ever seen.

i wondered why the video game previews looked pretty much the same as the movie previews...CG says it all...yeah i'm a video game nerd more than a car nerd...

Originally posted by Silverchild79+May 9 2004, 12:27 AM-->
@May 8 2004, 10:00 AM

Dude, I do 3d modeling as a hobby and this summer will be doing it for a job. If you want good examples of 3d look at Fight Club and those new Toyota Tacoma ads. Both of those have AWSOME unnoticeable CGI. Almost all of the time when one mixes life camera shots with CG it looks like shit: not all the time, but 99.% of the time. I love doing this shit and I'm the first to admit that it is not yet at a level where it can surpass the "old" techniques: puppets, models, and miniatures. Why do the old starwars movies looks so much better? They were done right, with models. Why did the battle of Helms Deep look more like the "Glob of Shit Deep"? Because they used 3d animation where they shouldn't have.

saw both van helsing and envy at the drive in last night. Van helsing was ok, the idea of it (sort of like the traditional vampire hunter meets 007) was good. Envy was pure crap.

Originally posted by ktanaka+May 9 2004, 03:13 AM-->
Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 9 2004, 12:27 AM
ktanaka
@May 8 2004, 10:00 AM
SirKid, wtf are you talking about?!?!  The preview looked like shit.  I haven't seen it, but the animation looked HORRIBLE from the previews I saw....but then again I'm VERY picky.  If I can tell its computer animated, its not done well.

Dude, I do 3d modeling as a hobby and this summer will be doing it for a job. If you want good examples of 3d look at Fight Club and those new Toyota Tacoma ads. Both of those have AWSOME unnoticeable CGI. Almost all of the time when one mixes life camera shots with CG it looks like shit: not all the time, but 99.% of the time. I love doing this shit and I'm the first to admit that it is not yet at a level where it can surpass the "old" techniques: puppets, models, and miniatures. Why do the old starwars movies looks so much better? They were done right, with models. Why did the battle of Helms Deep look more like the "Glob of Shit Deep"? Because they used 3d animation where they shouldn't have.

i liked the battle for helms deep...they used a lot more miniatures and models than one would imagine...in all reality, a battle of that magnetude would have looked like a glob of shit deep. when youre dealing with tens of thousands of fighters at that scale, it would look more like liquid than ppl. as far as van helsing goes, ima wait til video, and only waste 2 bux

Im going to see van helsing tonight... saw envy the other day, horrible

mr. rogers is an actor? so in real life it is possible hes not really friendly? ive always just looked at him as sort of a host.

i saw van helsing on a game on xbox...didnt like the way it looked so never thought about watching it.

getting ready to leave to go see van helsing... i hope i like it... i never listen to other peoples reviews of movies :)

back... i was kinda dissapointed... it was cheesy some of the lines and whatnot, but gfx kicked ass

Back