VIN id

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pep

New comer to the forum..... old time racer coming back on the scene.

I have a 93 Honda Del Sol that's about to get done up. I cannot tell what engine size it is. My engine cover shows V-Tech, but surely does not feel like it. Can I find out my engine size by my VIN?

on the block there is a vin tag,its about 1.5 inch by 1.5 inc down on te left side of the header,it will have a letter then 2 numbers then a letter and one more number just read it to us

my guess is that its a d16z6.. .and the reason you cant feel it is because its single cam...

on the block there is a vin tag,its about 1.5 inch by 1.5 inc down on te left side of the header,it will have a letter then 2 numbers then a letter and one more number just read it to us

That's the engine ID code, not the VIN. A VIN is something completely different...

my guess is that its a d16z6.. .and the reason you cant feel it is because its single cam...

:werd:

Is it a single-cam engine? Or dual-cam? If it's a single-cam, then it's a D16Z6. If it's a dual-cam, then it's a B16A3...and this is assuming that the engine in question is the stock engine...

My engine cover shows V-Tech, but surely does not feel like it. Can I find out my engine size by my VIN?
re-read your valve cover. i would bet you $100 it doesn't say V-Tech on it.

anyways, just check the block. it has the engine size on it. what year is it? b16's didnt come out until the later years.

Back