vtec minime

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I borrowed my Friends Impact gun and my bosses 35 gallon air compressor and let it rip for nearly 5 min straight untill it Broke.... AND broke loose.

oh thats no good...i hope everything goes good tomorrow(i.e no broken parts and the bolt loosens)

I didn't break anything.

I Jammed a MASSIVE Flathead through one of the holes in my Crank pulley so when as it spun it'd lock the screw-driver in place while I was on it with the impact gun, I was figuring it was gonna break, but I already bought a new one.

Atleast I got it off.

See though, I doubt he wants to break anything. He has 2 people working on it, thats what I had, and I didn't break anything.

i dont want to break anything and im not having any trouble with the pulley rotating..i can hold it while my bro runs the gun....the bolt jus will not loosen

i dont want to break anything and im not having any trouble with the pulley rotating..i can hold it while my bro runs the gun....the bolt jus will not loosen

If you aren't having trouble holding that pulley in place while he's on it with the gun, you need a stronger gun. We had a 300Ft/Lb gun dead on it for 5 min before it came loose and we were using a 25 gallon tank, My 5 gallon tank wasn't giving anywhere NEAR enough power.

The thing about you holding it is that when the gun hits, your hands absorb a lot of the impact when the pulley moves. You need to have it braced against something so that it will not move even if you tried to move it. TRUST ME DUDE. I just did all the exact same shit you did. All of it. Heat. Holding it. Fucking everything dude. Just take my advice and put some extra effort in and do it how I and haynes do it.

well we finally got it off...had to take the starter off and put a pry bar to the flywheel...got everything off and went to put the tiing belt on and its way to tight..i dont know how to adgust the tensioner...

i got the belt for the z6 head...soo im at a stop again!!!

Z6 belt should be correct, that is the belt I used, and it works perfect. the D15B Belt is a tooth SMALLER than the Z6 belt, and the A6, B7 and B8 belts are all 2 teeth LONGER than a Z6 belt to my understanding.

D15B 103 teeth
D16Z6/Y8 104 Teeth
D16A6/D15B7/B8 106 Teeth
*again, to my understanding, but I know for a fact my Z6 belt worked on my B8 bottom and Y8 top

To loosen the tensioner you get I think a 14mm Socket on the bolt on the tensioner pulley and loosen it a little bit.

Always use the timing belt for the head. If you have a Z6 head, use a Z6 timing belt. As far as the tensioner, 14 mm socket to loosen it, (you know where it is, right?) and it moves up and down. Be careful, they can be pretty tight, I ended up rounding mine out and I had to buy a set of rounded bolt removers, which are actually very handy to have on hand.

Also, do you know how to do a sort of base timing?

Always use the timing belt for the head. If you have a Z6 head, use a Z6 timing belt. As far as the tensioner, 14 mm socket to loosen it, (you know where it is, right?) and it moves up and down. Be careful, they can be pretty tight, I ended up rounding mine out and I had to buy a set of rounded bolt removers, which are actually very handy to have on hand.

i do know how to do the base timing..and i pulled the spring off the tensioner with a pair of pliars and it was still way too tight..i think theres something wrong with it lol..i jus dont know what to do anymore..this car is hell

you pulled it..off? With pliers? Picture or something please? You shouldn't pull it off, the timing belt rolls against it.

ok what happened was the spring that hooks to the belt tensioner..i puled off with a pair of pliars...i 4got to loosen the bolt...as i wanst thinking straight because my mom has me running around like a headless chicken,,i sat and recollected myself and went and redid everything..i got the belt on,tightened the tensioner,put the cover back on,put the pulley back on,and now im waiting for my moms boyfriend to come tighten the bolt up..then itll be to put the starter back on,and recheck everything..then start the car

should i check anything b4 start?

ok what happened was the spring that hooks to the belt tensioner..i puled off with a pair of pliars...i 4got to loosen the bolt...as i wanst thinking straight because my mom has me running around like a headless chicken,,i sat and recollected myself and went and redid everything..i got the belt on,tightened the tensioner,put the cover back on,put the pulley back on,and now im waiting for my moms boyfriend to come tighten the bolt up..then itll be to put the starter back on,and recheck everything..then start the car

should i check anything b4 start?

Oh GOD tell me you checked your timing...

If you havent already. go buy a haynes manual ASAP before you destroy that head.

ok soo everything is back together and were about to start the car..i am scrae(nervous) and dont really want to do it

Back