Vx swap ecu question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

koni_civic_hatch

hello, i am about to buy a full cx swap to put in my vx. The only thing is the guy JUST told me that i lost the cx ecu... <_< *SHITTY* so my question is, Can i use my vx ecu to run the cx motor? and what kind of wiring am i gonna have to do because i already have vtec wired?

:worthy: Thanks to all that can help me :worthy:

I hope your engine is blown or something, because that's even more of a downgrade.

70 hp vs 10xhp

I think if you need a replacement, go with the z6 or d15b or something that's at least more performance oriented.

Even if your car is for purely street use, and you only use it to go to work, school whatever, it isn't worth buying or swapping the cx motor,e ven if you got it for free.

If there is nothing wrong with the Vx, and you can't afford another swap, just get a ex/si trans, it will actually make a very noticable difference.

Oh and you will throw a code for vtec if you use the VX ecu on the non-vtec CX, it will run it fine but that light will always be on.

I have a 93 Cx ecu if you need it.

here's my problem.. i have a x with 300k on it.. stock motor.. with a blown o2 sensor(over 325 bucks for a new one!).. so it's cheaper for me to buy a cx swap for 200 bucks with alot of parts that i need (altenator, motor mounts, o2 sensor, transmission,oh and that doesn't burn oil) or if i can find a cheap d16z6 motor with engine harness and put that in instead of the cx motor before i do the swap

I still suggest you find something else, even the DX motor is 10x better than that garbage engine. I had a dx, vx and cx, I hated every single one of them. I'm sure you can find something better than that.

Generic O2 sensors are >$75.

well the guy that i'm buying the motor off of called me saturday and told me he got me another cx ecu... so everything is probably gonna go fine on my cx into a vx swap woo hoo!! :D thanx everyone..

P.s: i will keep you guys posted

Depending on Application and wether you care I have a JDM D15BZ o2 sensor.

I have the whole manifold if ya wanted it.

Wally

Back