What did I start??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I was brousing the galleries here.....

And I saw something that looked vaugly familiar.....

Either someone learned my secret....or....hrmmmmm

gallery_30262_42_1097214725.jpg

I wouldn't have painted my gears or t-belt tensioner, personally. :p

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 8 2004, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't have painted my gears or t-belt tensioner, personally. :p
[post=400095]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, nothing like a lil paint on the ol gears . . . . . makes em look "type r iffik"

best shit motor paint job i ever saw was this freak VW motor decked out like a circus tent, red and yellow EVERYWHERE, even the pulleys...

made me want to puke..

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 8 2004, 12:49 PM
best shit motor paint job i ever saw was this freak VW motor decked out like a circus tent, red and yellow EVERYWHERE, even the pulleys...

made me want to puke..
[post=400142]Quoted post[/post]​

You've never seen Airjockies engine, have you :)

aht.jpg

afl.jpg

aez.jpg

afm.jpg

agf.jpg

Awesomeness incarnate. :D

ohhh....and there was a reason for the "Skittle" , "Tonka" , "Fruity Pebbles" Engine.

No one caught it yet...but the reason is actually the most insane, crazy-est thing that you could think of....

Last year when I took the Z down to the DOW, I had the waterpump try to seperate from the block...and I missed a few runs, and the car was dead....unless I could get it fixed on the spot..which I did...and DOW's are at night, in a parking lot with very minimal lighting...and I learned something that night.....an engine with the same color bolts, head, block, parts, and and fluids pouring out of them all look the same in the dark...and was very hard to see.

Bright colors reflect light, mis-painted colored parts stand out, and bolt heads with a different color stands out...so I will be able to go to all the bolts/parts/leaks....and see them and work on it in almost pitch darkness with only a normal flashlight as a source of light.

Plus, a clean engine, with offset colors is easy to find leaks on.....

black oil on a green block, black oil on an orange trany plate, antifreeze fluid on a yellow oilpump...etc...etc....

Sounds crazy...but it does work, and helped me out already on a test run in the night....

Granted....when working on aircraft....the same principle also applied...but there is another reason on offset paint colors in an engine bay....radiant heat. Most Small piston engines are painted blue or gray, with heat sensitive paint, where hot spot on the gray paint will turn white...and the bay is painted white...to reflect the heat away from the airframe....

A dark engine dissapates heat thru it darker paint....and the heat reflects from the bay...and that heat is sitting in limbo untill the calw flaps are opened, and airflow can push or suck that heat out....

But there is also a theory that a painted block will maintian the heat in the block...but the paint is actually helping it dissapate....or radiate....something to do with infra-red radiation....

but that's a full science on the subject...but a good study to look up..if your bored.

and thats why my engine turned out to be the gayest engine....that is litterally cool.....thru heat transfer...hehe

i was bitten by that bug also, this is my first honda back in 2000, she's been sold :( and i've heard that she is silver now, but haven't seen her since she got sold.

this takes the cake for the gayest engine now. nothing better than a Chevy Orange motor with white and blue accents, in a Kawasaki Green hatch

LOL at the painted shock upper mounts and the painted wiring harness!! LOL even more at the painted master cylinders :lol:

hey we do the same thing with all off our wheeling trucks head is one colour block another and the pan is allway white (for me attleast )

Originally posted by nfn15037@Oct 8 2004, 08:41 PM
LOL at the painted shock upper mounts and the painted wiring harness!! LOL even more at the painted master cylinders :lol:
[post=400281]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL, actually the wiring harness was taped, i got some blue tape from autozone and taped the entire harness.

you're right, you did have the gayest engine ever. congrats.

thanx, here to help give laughter among all.

It was the skittle machine. i got sponsored by skittles......not really but it just sounds cool huh.....LOL

...so when they race you and get beat you get to talk twice as much shit to them

i actually won quite a few races with that hatch, and it was nice because i would win with a gay car and talk shit to them about getting beat by a gay car

Originally posted by adidas_man+Oct 9 2004, 11:34 AM-->
@Oct 8 2004, 08:41 PM
[post=400281]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL, actually the wiring harness was taped, i got some blue tape from autozone and taped the entire harness.

No look in the 1st pic, the whole plug is painted green :p Still makes me laugh man...sorry lol. :lol:

Back