What do i need for d15b7 to d16y7 swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluejello

Hi guys i have a 93 honda civic dx hatch .I needed to know what it takes to swap out a d15b7 engine to a d16y7 engine and what i need to transfer over from my b15b7 to the d16y7 and anything i need to modify that wont work like extra holes in the throttle body i need to cap or anything like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The search bar will be your friend. This swap has been covered.

Why would you put the Y7 in there when you could do a Z6 and not have to change much? Unless you already have the Y7 motor...

sigh ok i have been searching for problems that i have been running into for about a week and not being able to find anything specific that i need the engine was recomended to me to buy from a mechanic that was a family friend with a lot of experience so i bought the engine and no it wasnt purchased from him. i ran into problems like the power steering bracket not fitting from the d15b7 and had to get the one that fit on the d16y7 now i have two main problems one is i don't know which engine mount to use the d15b7 or the d16y7 one because im afraid that the b15 one is weaker because it doesn't have support from the power steering as well as the angles look different from the d15 and the d16 engine mount. thats one problem the other is why there is an extra hole in the engine that goes into the throttle body and i have no clue what it is or what i should do now if you could point me in the right direction perhaps a link or something i would be greatful but if you dont have anything constructive to say please dont say anything at all.

Back