what ecu to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20 inspired

i have a 2000 civic si and want to change it over to obd1 what is the best computor to use that will allow me the most tunablility i can get a mugen chip for one of my friends but what will that offer for my car thanks for ur help

Don't get a mugen chip. Get a P28 from a 92-95 Civic Ex/Si. It's a sohc obd1 ecu. Chip it with either a hondata or uberdata. Do you plan on boosting the a2?

yeah i plan on boostin or spraying. one or the other prolly spraying for now then ill either get the turbonetics kit or the vortech supercharger. least thats my plans.

get a p28, an obd1 conversion harness from one of our sponsors :p , have the ecu socketed or do it yourself, and then pm me if you want a custom basemap for your b16 :)

how much will that cost? i get get the ecu but what about the rest and whats the turn around time on that im bout to install a b20/vtec in there can u do a basemap for that

The P28 will cost you around 100-150. They're forsale everywhere on here and honda-tech. Some come chipped already.

For the harness, search around the site for a link to the sponsor B was talking about.

If you get a virgin, look up hondata's website and look around for an S200 setup. Or wait for someone who knows where to get an uberdata setup comes in here and chimes in (because I forget where to get it, uberdata.com???).

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 31 2005, 05:54 PM
The P28 will cost you around 100-150. They're forsale everywhere on here and honda-tech. Some come chipped already.

For the harness, search around the site for a link to the sponsor B was talking about.

If you get a virgin, look up hondata's website and look around for an S200 setup. Or wait for someone who knows where to get an uberdata setup comes in here and chimes in (because I forget where to get it, uberdata.com???).
[post=547989]Quoted post[/post]​

Or, if you are a DIYer, get a non-vtec OBD1 virgin ECU, chip it and convert it for VTEC. Should cost you $40 for the ECU and another $40 or so in parts for the chipping and VTEC conversion.

Back