What I Was Doing Till 3am...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wings and spoilers are not just for looks or downforce....
when you bring the upper surface area out to a point even with or slightly past the plain of the rear bumper you reduce drag... call it bullshit if you want its simple aerodynamics
hmmmm this car has a spoiler and its FWD... must be rice too

204mphCivic.jpg

now im not saying that the WW spoiler will be AS effective as the spoiler on the back of that civic ... but it will have an effect on reducing drag.... wether or not that was the intent when designing it ... it is a result of that form of spoiler

aiight dawg, the spoiler that you posted was designed for reducing drag and not creating downforce, therefore it is flat. if you were to angle that same spoiler up, it would create more drag and increase downforce. that's areodynamics. that "wale tail" thing will create more drag and increase downforce... both bad for a FWD car. just look at it. fuck dude.

yeah your right i have no fucking clue what im talking about its not like i race road course or anything... its not like i pay any real attention to issues regarding aerodynamics, cuz aerodynamics are completly unimportant to me or what i do... good thing i havent read a few books regarding aerodynamic design of race cars either...
just because it wasnt made by Mugen, Spoon, Jun, (insert favorite JDM company here)... doesnt mean that it is a compleatly non functional piece of shit

So anything that does not increase the stability/aerodynamics/HP/TQ/Boost of my vehicle is considered rice? I see something wrong with that. Sorry, but i'm pretty sure that some of the most popular and sponsored tuned imports use a "TASTEFUL" combination if looks and speed. I see that with Ryan's S2k, he found a way to combine good looks with power and not be considered "rice". How does that green CRX represent being riced-out to you?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 27 2003, 01:39 AM
a wing on a crx is purley for looks

So Are Rims. (unless they are lightweight)

that crx is not rice to me, that is a very subtle wing, and at least it's the same color as the car. it just dosen't do anything for me in terms of pleasing me visually. and we could argue all day about what's rice, but that's pretty off topic and a very retarded subject seeing how it's all about personal perfrence (sp?). i wasen't tryin' to argue what's rice, i was just arguing the affects of a spoiler on a car.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Jan 27 2003, 01:16 AM-->
Originally posted by RyanS2K@Jan 26 2003, 11:58 PM
kylemarhx
@Jan 26 2003, 11:42 PM
i don't know 'bout that wing mang.  :unsure:

Neither did I originally, but it's Mugen - wind-tunnel tested, 200lbs of down-force @ 80MPH. Bolts to the factory holes, too - quality is flawless.

i take it back, i wasen't aware of how functional it is, i just figured it was some rice wing. sorry 'bout that, that's some mad downforce y0! good job on the s2k... i love it. :)

lets not forget the s2k is RWD... so wings are actually functional unlike the great ricers of our age that put HUG WINGS on civics, integras etc etc :lol: :lol: personally i dont know why they do it

PS: im late in this post, and no offense to anyone who has a wing on their civic, integra or accord etc... its just personal opinion

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 27 2003, 02:27 AM
when you bring the upper surface area out to a point even with or slightly past the plain of the rear bumper you reduce drag... call it bullshit if you want its simple aerodynamics

204mphCivic.jpg

now im not saying that the WW spoiler will be AS effective as the spoiler on the back of that civic ... but it will have an effect on reducing drag.... wether or not that was the intent when designing it ... it is a result of that form of spoiler

alright i feel kinda dumb after my post now :ph34r:

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Jan 27 2003, 04:34 AM-->
@Jan 27 2003, 02:27 AM

204mphCivic.jpg

alright i feel kinda dumb after my post now :ph34r:

don't feel too dumb, it's not there for downforce.

Back