what is the diffirence between the blocks: B18c an

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a JDM B18c that needs new rings. and i have no money to rebuild it. and a friend of mine has a USDM B18c1 that is in his civic hb. and he wants to build his block up for boost. but he needs his car on the road with no down time.

so........................
he asked me if he could get my block off of me. and get it rebuilt. and when it is back. he will give me his block with a new headgasket. so it will not cost me any money for this to happen.

now i kinda don't mind doing that. but if my block is "better" to begin with. then i "will" mind doing that!!!

thanks

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 27 2005, 07:19 PM
Yours has higher compression, and about 8 more hp.
[post=517098]Quoted post[/post]​

so 'all' the diffirence's in the 2 engines are in the block? and not the head?

i knew that mine had higher CR and higher HP. but i wasn't sure if it was in the block or in the head or both. that made it that way.

thanks

Unless I'm mistaken, the "Block" is exactly the same...

Originally posted by The WORLD is yours...+Jun 27 2005, 07:35 PM-->
@Jun 27 2005, 07:19 PM
Yours has higher compression, and about 8 more hp.
[post=517098]Quoted post[/post]​

so 'all' the diffirence's in the 2 engines are in the block? and not the head?

i knew that mine had higher CR and higher HP. but i wasn't sure if it was in the block or in the head or both. that made it that way.

thanks
[post=517106]Quoted post[/post]​

They physical block dimensions are the same, they both have oil squirters and the deck heigh is identical. Your pistons are different as is your cams i believe. Your pistons are slightly higher compression. But if you are going to rebuild it anyway then you can get different pistons and cams. I say, go for it.

you have nothing to loose having a busted engine getting a running one with no cost to you besides the wait unless he really has some thing wrong with his motor and more or less just needs a trade of lol! but you should know him better than that

Back