What is this called???????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondakpariaug

what are the things that look like air horns in the right of the pic called and is it worth buying as a performance upgrade????

PICTURE

i know, its a really dumb question :(

Individual Throttle Bodies. AKA ITBs. Do a search on here. They've been discussed many times.

what u have in that picture man are ITB's AKA webbers. ive only really seen them on high horse power cars. it wouldnt bennifit you to get them unless you bore out your entire vaccum system from manifold to manifold.your car will only allow as much air in as its biggest opening. therefore if you intake manifold openings are hugh but you exhause manifold is still stock bore size then its useless

worthless on anything but a rediculously built engine
absolute pain in the balls to tune
highly unrecommended for a street driven car

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 28 2005, 10:19 PM
AKA webbers? webber is a brand of carburater.........
[post=517710]Quoted post[/post]​

werd,
Webers = sweet carbs for your old school camaro.
ITBs = highly advanced Fuel injected setup

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 28 2005, 08:54 PM
worthless on anything but a rediculously built engine
absolute pain in the balls to tune
highly unrecommended for a street driven car
[post=517782]Quoted post[/post]​

Not worthless, but there are a lot more things I'd spend a grand on before buying ITB's. As for street use, unless you are utilizing a plenum and filter, I'd not get them, or else you'll be rebuilding often.

if you don't even know what the are called, i guarntee you that you don't have the knowledge to run them.

its NOT a bolt on part.
it requires EXTENSIVE tuning, a complete standalone ems, re-doing all your vacuum lines, etc etc.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jun 28 2005, 08:52 PM
what u have in that picture man are ITB's AKA webbers. ive only really seen them on high horse power cars. it wouldnt bennifit you to get them unless you bore out your entire vaccum system from manifold to manifold.your car will only allow as much air in as its biggest opening. therefore if you intake manifold openings are hugh but you exhause manifold is still stock bore size then its useless
[post=517696]Quoted post[/post]​

What? Stop typing....

Its funny, they did all that work building up the uber motor, individual throttle bodies, and didn't allow enough clearance between them and the firewall.. I guarantee they are loosing horsepower due to suction caused by that firewall clearance.

Geez.

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 8 2005, 01:28 PM
Its funny, they did all that work building up the uber motor, individual throttle bodies, and didn't allow enough clearance between them and the firewall.. I guarantee they are loosing horsepower due to suction caused by that firewall clearance.

Geez.
[post=522743]Quoted post[/post]​

That motor happens to be in an all motor prelude tha just happens to be entirely made of silver carbon fiber. It makes over 300 hp and has nitrous as well. I don't think it was "improperly designed". I think they are twm ones anyway so they didn't have anything to do with the clearances....

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 8 2005, 01:39 PM-->
@Jul 8 2005, 01:28 PM

Geez.
[post=522743]Quoted post[/post]​

That motor happens to be in an all motor prelude tha just happens to be entirely made of silver carbon fiber. It makes over 300 hp and has nitrous as well. I don't think it was "improperly designed". I think they are twm ones anyway so they didn't have anything to do with the clearances....
[post=522760]Quoted post[/post]​

You can't say it has over 300hp all motor and then say it has nitrous, jackass.

edit: according to that site, it makes 250 without spray, and 325 with.

weber made cams for a camaro? i doubt that.

that's a sweet engine...

1999 Honda BB6 Prelude

Engine: H22A Head Tuned by Weld Techniques Factory, Block tuned by Jun Auto
Max Power: 250hp, 325hp with NOS

Piston: Jun Coswers,
Cam shafts: Jun High Cam Shafts
Throttle: Weld 4 barrel throttle body,NOS direct port fogger system
Sard fuel regulator, Weld power steering tank, Weld coolant reserver tank
Exhaust: Weld Full titanium exhaust muffler with Tanabe Headers
Clutch: Exedy

Weld Div Flame Electric system, Sun Auto Hot wire, Hot Inazuma ,Head/Fog lights: Sun Auto HID power view

Brake carriper: Honda NSX carriper, Brake rotor: Weld slotted rotor, Brake pad: Weld Type-M brake pad
Rims: iForged Swift 8J-19"
Tires: Pirelli P Nero Zero 225/35R19, Suspension: TEIN HR, DC sports lower brace

Weld Engine Starter, Sard RD-1 gauges
Steering: Sparco flash5, Seat: Sparco Milano, Sparco Grobe-X shift knob

Body kit: Xanthic Silver Carbon Front Bumper Spoiler
Xanthic Silver Carbon Rear Bumper Spoiler
Xanthic Silver Carbon Trunk
Xanthic Silver Carbon Side Step
Xanthic Silver Carbon +10mm Wide Fender
Weld/Xanthic Special Corrabolate Tilt -up Hood Kit

6.1ch Surround Audio system by Sound OG Sytle/ Head unit: Alpine BVI-9990J, Processor: Alpine PXI-H990, Amp: Esoteric T7152x2, E7056x1, Front speaker: Diamond M661 Front center speaker: Diamond M641, Rear speaker: Diamond M661, Rear center speaker: Diamond M641, Subs: Diamond M612D2, Monitor: Panasonic TR-M110W

that car is not made entirely of "silver carbon fiber" its just a CF body kit.

here's another pic
age600k%20(1).JPG

Webber what?

My buddie is running something like that on his starlet.....
IN spanish we call them los weber....

But damn...I dont know what else to say....

I'll take some pics later on tonight for ya...Matter a fact I'll take pics of our little TLB crew later on and show you's...

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jul 8 2005, 02:15 PM
just wondering, lots of people use Webbers; does Mikuni have auto apps also?
[post=522773]Quoted post[/post]​

they build the fuel injection setup for the older (96 comes to mind for some reason) Geo Trackers.

i'm guessing you already knew they do bike carbs.

i'm guessing the comment earlier about webber cams was a joke right?

Yea i knew Mikuni and Weber makes carbs for bikes, but only heard of Webers being used on cars.

I think whoever thought Weber makes cam is confused with Web Cams, who makes cams for motorcycles and some cars.

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 8 2005, 01:44 PM
You can't say it has over 300hp all motor and then say it has nitrous, jackass.

edit: according to that site, it makes 250 without spray, and 325 with.
[post=522763]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, I said it's an all motor h22 that makes 300 hp. And it does. 250 to the wheel is around 300 hp. And I said it has nitrous. Which it does. I never said it makes 300 all wheel hp. I have a magazine with that car in it. I think it's last month's honda tuning.... Sorry if I confused you but by all motor I meant no forced induction. And the next time you call me a jackass, I'll go all crazy E-thug on your ass..... :p

And the entire car IS carbon fiber. Call it a bodykit if you want, but the entire outside of the car is silver carbon fiber. Me likey. :thumbsup:

Back