What is your workout routine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
There are several ways of going about working out, and what body parts to combine on certain days. I am just curious how many of you work out, and what your routine is like.

1.) sit in couch, open beer..
2.) lift beer to mouth, guzzle..
3.) set down beer, pick up bong..
4.) light bong, inhale deeply..
5.) exhale
6.) repeat steps 2-5 at least 10 times..

:)

Originally posted by B16@May 8 2004, 12:48 PM
1.) sit in couch, open beer..
2.) lift beer to mouth, guzzle..
3.) set down beer, pick up bong..
4.) light bong, inhale deeply..
5.) exhale
6.) repeat steps 2-5 at least 10 times..

:)

:werd:

i go to the gym and run 2 miles after work 5 days a week...

monday - chest, shoulders, lower back, abs
tuesday - bi's, tri's, arms in general, abs
wednesday - off
thursday - see monday
friday - see tuesday
sunday - cardio

kind of a unique routine, but it works for me

i just go to the gym a do wutever i feel like. after every hockey practice everyday we run 15 miles. the coaches follow us in there trucks and make sure we actually run.

ive stepped up to the 40oz curl... i just started running. ill walk a 1/4 mile, run 1/2, walk 1/4, run 1/2, walk 1/4

did 20 miles in the woods on the moutain cycle today........ 12oz curls tonight to wrap it up.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@May 8 2004, 03:53 PM
i just go to the gym a do wutever i feel like. after every hockey practice everyday we run 15 miles. the coaches follow us in there trucks and make sure we actually run.

I think i gotsa call :bs: on this one... 15 every day..... i dont think so

I run XC at my highschool and we runat max 8 miles on a slow easy day at like an 8 minute per mile pace... my best mile time is 4:56 and 5k is about 18 flat

Ok now that I got that out of my system onto a good workout plan =)
wednesday - off
thursday - see monday
friday - see tuesday
sunday - cardio

First off get on a good diet weather it be for bulking, cutting, or losing weight.

as far as working out fist off DO NOT DO ABS MORE THEN TWICE A WEEK damn why do people do that.....

your abs are muscles and with any muscle when you work it you tear that muscle and then it gets stronger once it heals so GIVE IT TIME TO HEAL!

ok onto the good stuff

Try to keep to 1 body part a day If you are serious about building muscle do not work more then 1 body part aday unless you are really short on time and missed a day

So plan on being in the gym 5-6 days a week

Mon-Legs
Tue-Tricipes
Wed-Shoulders
Thurs-Bicipes
Fri-Chest
Sat-Back

I try to get in 4 different workouts for each body part doing 3-4 sets

forsay... Chest-

Decline/Incline or Flat bench "I change it up everyweek"
Flys
Dips
and the last set I mix it up sometimes over the head flys or cable crosses...

As far as weight goes I will bench lets say 160lbs 10 times then 170lbs 8 times and 160lbs 6 times trying to max myself out at the last rep if I feel I did not max out on the last rep I will do another set with 10+ more lbs added till I fail on the last rep

Reason why I say do not work more then one body part out at a time I find that if you are really pushing yourself hard after the 3rd or 4th set you're BEAT and after that you start to halfass all your lifts and cheat.

I see tons of guys who work almost every body part out everytime they go but once again you want a good 5-6 days to rest Abs I tend to give less resting time 3-4 days

so if you work out 2-3 different body parts every time you go you should stay away from them for 5-6 days so they can fully heal before you go trashing them again

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

I love this place =)

Originally posted by lowandslow@May 8 2004, 02:36 PM

kind of a unique routine, but it works for me

I missed that part

if you're doing some weird stuff at the gym and it works for you then hey more power to you that goes for anyone here

This is my usual routine, but I may have to modify it for softball season.

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Cardio
Tuesday: Biceps Triceps, Forearms, Light Ab work, Cardio
Wednesday: Upper Back. Rows, Pulldowns, Reverse fly's, etc. Cardio
Thursday: Legs. Hipsled, leg curls, girlie machines, shins, cardio
Friday: Lower torso. Abs, Obliques, lower back, hip flexors, cardio

On the Ab subject: I learned at college that some muscles heal faster than others. Our instructor did abs 3-4 times a day. Like running daily, sometimes it is alright to train daily. Chest and heavy lifting muscles do not apply to this. My $.02

I will most likely have to use a four day routine to work around softball.

Originally posted by FFCiv+May 8 2004, 07:06 PM-->
h22bubbleback
@May 8 2004, 03:53 PM

I run XC at my highschool and we runat max 8 miles on a slow easy day at like an 8 minute per mile pace... my best mile time is 4:56 and 5k is about 18 flat

hahaha...u have no idea...none

Ok now that I got that out of my system onto a good workout plan =)
wednesday - off
thursday - see monday
friday - see tuesday
sunday - cardio

First off get on a good diet weather it be for bulking, cutting, or losing weight.

as far as working out fist off DO NOT DO ABS MORE THEN TWICE A WEEK damn why do people do that.....

your abs are muscles and with any muscle when you work it you tear that muscle and then it gets stronger once it heals so GIVE IT TIME TO HEAL!

ok onto the good stuff

Try to keep to 1 body part a day If you are serious about building muscle do not work more then 1 body part aday unless you are really short on time and missed a day

So plan on being in the gym 5-6 days a week

Mon-Legs
Tue-Tricipes
Wed-Shoulders
Thurs-Bicipes
Fri-Chest
Sat-Back

I try to get in 4 different workouts for each body part doing 3-4 sets

forsay... Chest-

Decline/Incline or Flat bench "I change it up everyweek"
Flys
Dips
and the last set I mix it up sometimes over the head flys or cable crosses...

As far as weight goes I will bench lets say 160lbs 10 times then 170lbs 8 times and 160lbs 6 times trying to max myself out at the last rep if I feel I did not max out on the last rep I will do another set with 10+ more lbs added till I fail on the last rep

Reason why I say do not work more then one body part out at a time I find that if you are really pushing yourself hard after the 3rd or 4th set you're BEAT and after that you start to halfass all your lifts and cheat.

I see tons of guys who work almost every body part out everytime they go but once again you want a good 5-6 days to rest Abs I tend to give less resting time 3-4 days

so if you work out 2-3 different body parts every time you go you should stay away from them for 5-6 days so they can fully heal before you go trashing them again

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

I love this place =)
I remember being told that it only takes muscles 24 hours to heal, so you could do your abs everyday as long as it's 24 hours difference.

then why is it that after a hard workout, if you havent lifted in a while, i'm sore for 4 days afterwards?

i'm gunna call :bs: on that one..

Depends on how hard of a workout you do and if you do a warm up/cooldown routine as well.

here is mine

Monday-Chest and Tris
Tues- Cardio and abs
Wednesday- Lower body
Thursday cuircut training and cardio
Fri- back and bi's (to include shoulders)
Sat- Abs and cardio
Sun- video games

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+May 9 2004, 01:17 AM-->
Originally posted by FFCiv@May 8 2004, 07:06 PM
h22bubbleback
@May 8 2004, 03:53 PM

hahaha...u have no idea...none

ok bigshot, what pace do you run each mile at? maybe it just feels like 15 cause you have add or something I donno. I doubt you run 15 after every day.... thats more then half a marithon.... if you do run 15 everyday everyone of ur teamates would not have a single pound of fat on them..... doubt it..

very good info jeffie...im not looking to get huge by any means; i just want to be cut...im 6'4 195 pounds so im not small..but i just want that definition

so after building foundations and laying slabs in the sun all day, i tend to take it easy in the gym anyway

oh yea..the abs thing, i just ogt out of a 5 month basketball season, so my abs were in pretty good shape. theyre my favorite muscle...girls love the 6 pack :D

Back