WHAT THE CRAP>.... ECU under carpet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn, I knew it couldn't be so easy....

I am in CO.

SI will send me a stock mapped ecu for $25. Perhaps it is worth it to just eliminate one more possbility?

Do the ECU and the VTEC then get the CEL bulb operational. My knowledge of smog is based on strict CA laws so CO may be less strict.....me dunno

Do the ECU and the VTEC then get the CEL bulb operational. My knowledge of smog is based on strict CA laws so CO may be less strict.....me dunno

so todays yard finds should yeild hopefully a p28

(from :Most likely need to find a 92-95 Civic EX Sedan or 93-95 Civic EX Coupe. But if you run into a 92-95 Civic Si hatch (which is more rare to find) that VTEC clip works too. Even a 92-95 VX hatch plugs should work. I am not sure but maybe even 96-00 EX coupe/Sedan VTEC plugs would work too......??)

and the "Also...if you need to connect wires into the jumper clip from the motor/sensors/etc then you should cut a clip off one of those junkyard cars (a clip that connects to the ECU from harness) Cut it long "

Which parts should I be cutting off?

well, today only netted me a factory intake tubing (I don't like the "cold" air types) Anyone want mine? send me a case of beer.... :D

I am going to pick up a base mapped chip and hope that helps.

Any ideas on where to pick up a vtec solenoid for this thing. Out of 10 civics, all had their ecus and vtec stripped.:(

so she lives again.... fixed the body damage and the body kit actually looks better now than it did before.

I tried an ecu I nabbed from a 91 hatch. no dice. Would start, but not stay running. I will get pics and try and figure out what ecu it is. I ordered a factory base map for the d15b and will go from there

-------------------------------------
Got your wire locations.

Wire color ---------->Function

Blue------------------> O2 sensor heater control (black O2 wire)
White-----------------> O2 sensor signal (white O2 wire)
Purple----------------> VTEC solenoid signal
Gray -----------------> VTEC pressure switch signal
Green*---------------> *Intake air bypass signal (not used in your application)
Orange---------------> Knock sensor
Red x2---------------> Power (IAB, O2 black wire) *(you will only need to use one red one as you dont have IABs)
Black x2-------------> Ground (SCS, VTEC pressure switch, green O2 wire)
Yellow---------------> Service check signal.

A toggle switch needs to be put between the one of the balck wires and the yellow to pull ECU trouble codes. If you get a check engine light, turn the switch on and the CEL in the dash will flash morse code just like an OBD0 ECU, just instead of the LED in the case flashing your dash CEL will.
--------------------------------------------------
So yes... I am now trying to fix the car again. Although in looking at the pins, the 02 sensor only has a one wire set up (black). Where do I hook the white wire? Also, where is the knock sensor on this motor?

Should I attach the blue and the red wire to the 02 black wire?

Last edited:
true enough.

thanks for catching me on that, i generally think sohc vtec when i hear d15b.
No, I'm quite happy with over 40. My dodge gets about 8 if I'm nice to it. I meant to say I was quite happy with the mileage so far

So then the motor isn't stock, what would it have come out of? Is it a good motor?

The vtec solenoids are not plugged in on the motor (per my previous post). How would I find out what ecu this is? Would there be markings on it?

Sorry to be so newbie about all of this. I really just wanted a daily driver/commuter and seem to have gotten quite the modified little ride.

Back