What Trans Is Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

im bout to swap an ZC motor into my 89 CRX HF, and i was wondering what trans you guys think is better... the ZC or the SI, i know proly the ZC is but is there a noticable difference?

Make a hybrid tranny out of both if you want the best, otherwise just use the Si tranny and you don't have to make or find axels.

Originally posted by solblu@Mar 2 2003, 02:08 PM
you don't have to make or find axels.

Use 89 Integra axles... those fit fine.

i had the zc tranny in my 89 std hb. it worked just fine. second gear was usually where the race was won, and third was just an afterthought

ZC trany's are the hottest but not as hot as zc with an lsd dif. and then there's always the good solotion...the zc/si hybrid...

im doing the same thing will addingthe zc trani but the motor is already in... If i put in the zc trani the 89 teg axles will bolt up to my crx hardware at the wheel?

ya when using the zc tranny a non-hybrid u must use the 89 integ axles they will bolt right in just like the stock axles...unless your a HF...

Originally posted by D16z6CrxDx@Mar 3 2003, 01:48 PM
ZC trany's are the hottest but not as hot as zc with an lsd dif. and then there's always the good solotion...the zc/si hybrid...

Got one- and might be hybriding with the Si tranny later. Super short gears + LSD = fun fun fun!

I still don't get why everyone wants to use the Si and ZC tranny. The DX tranny has a higher MPH in each gear at redline than the others. See here for the transmision calculator. Please, if I am wrong, clue me in. :unsure: I use a Dx tranny and the acceleration is phenominal. I can hit 71 MPH in second gear. At 7200 RPM I can hit 105 in third with 195/60/15 tires. The Si can only hit 96 with the same setup in 3rd gear. Yes the Si has a better 5th gear, but who hits fifth in the quarter mile.

Originally posted by turbinedzc@Mar 3 2003, 08:50 PM
I still don't get why everyone wants to use the Si and ZC tranny. The DX tranny has a higher MPH in each gear at redline than the others. See here for the transmision calculator. Please, if I am wrong, clue me in. :unsure: I use a Dx tranny and the acceleration is phenominal. I can hit 71 MPH in second gear. At 7200 RPM I can hit 105 in third with 195/60/15 tires. The Si can only hit 96 with the same setup in 3rd gear. Yes the Si has a better 5th gear, but who hits fifth in the quarter mile.

Thats very true, but i have heard of those 4 speed blowing up with a good amount of power in ur motor. They do hold out longer but there not as reliable,.,... plus if u got a zc trans with a lsd, why would u want a 4 speed. lsd owns.!! :worthy:

Back