What Would Be The Best High Horsepower Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:lol:
There you go again, back into the sig.

Hey, I believe you have a 1994 prelude si, right? If your prelude is a si then it's a h23. Also, i believe that all prelude from 92-95 are all 2.3 and 2.2vtec. Since you already have a h23 you could just add a turbo and do some internal upgrade then you'll be running pretty good on the track. Don't bother to get a h22a jdm swap because it's just gotta cost you the same price as you're adding a turbo to your car. Beside, if you do a h22a jdm swap you'll be running around 15sec stock, but if you add a turbo to your h23 i think you'll get a better time.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 4 2003, 09:09 AM

You can't "just boost that engine. It's weak, it's got a weak tranny, and it's SOHC, which doesn't allow for as much tuning. If he REALLY wants to, he can build it for boost. But for the money he'll throw into making that SOHC 135-hp-wonder boost-capable, he could have an H-series engine that's alot stronger from the factory, not to mention the extra cam.

Oh heavens! Its only a Single Cam! My SOHC will Cam slap most DOHC's out there. Think about the COSTS involved for the GAINS. Is buying another motor, just to get another cam really worth it? You have a motor, so your basically duplicating. I'm not sure about the SOHC H series motors, but if i remember from a friends engine, the H22 turbo actually needs custom pistons to be useful in a turbo application. The rings sit up to high on the piston and are quickly destroyed, i would also recomend resleeving it if you do go with a DOHC or SOHC, i forget up i think some H22 turbos had problems on stock sleeves, but that can be true of any engine and maybe just a coincidence. But either way, with all the money he could spend on buying a DOHC H22, building it, and boosting it, he could have one kick ass SOHC. Either way the engine will be "alot stronger fom the factory", duh, he's building it. But then again, 2 cams..that means like...an instant 20hp before the turbo right? Now, like you asked, the BEST platform would probably be the DOHC engine H22...not because its DOHC nessecarily, but because there is a great wealth of knowledge and experience in its building, on this board and probably in your area. \

Rob

:D

hey prelude guy, is your prelude a single cam? if yes, i think you got ripped off because all prelude from 92-95 are suppose to come with h23 or h22.

if you check the reference section it says the prelude s came with an F22a1.

just so everyone can get this straight that is

A. an F block not an H block
B. a single cam engine
C. an accord motor

but he hasn't actually said if its a prelude s or not.

and whoever was knocking getting an h22 over the f22 needs to find a dick and suck it cause if you've ever driven a prelude equipped with the h22 you would know thats its worth the money. h22's have it all- TQ and HP.

The easiest solution:

1. Lift your hood
2. Look at what engine code it is
3. Tell us so we are all on the same page

Originally posted by Holy_racer@Apr 4 2003, 02:00 PM
hey prelude guy, is your prelude a single cam? if yes, i think you got ripped off because all prelude from 92-95 are suppose to come with h23 or h22.

Wow.. misinformation.

Lude S = f22
Lude Si = h23
Lude VTEC = h22

Its a Prelude Type S. I will get the code for you guys tomarrow. i think its a F series engine. Its SOHC
Thanks Again , My names Aaron.

If it is an F series SOHC, it's not a Prelude Type S. It is a Prelude S. There is a big difference.

There is no debate, that is what I am saying.

If I decide to swap to a H22 engine (JDM) , do I have to change my tranny or clutch? Will all my electronics mount up and also the motor mounts?

You can use your clutch, if you had upgraded it from stock. You can use your tranny as well, but the F-series trannies are weak and are geared very long and won't maximize the potential of the H-series engine. You can use all your stock mounts, but you'll either need to frankenstein the driver's side mount (search this forum for an explanation) or you have to grind the Accord mount down.

What do you mean by "Will my electronics mount up"?

You'll want to use the injectors from the H22, since they have a higher flow rate. These should be included if you purchase a "complete swap".

And you only have one ECU. You won't be able to use your current one, you either need a P13 (H22A) or a P72 (B18C) to run the engine. Once again, should be included in a "complete swap".

Does nobody on this board read the reference section?
92-96 Prelude S-F22A1-DOHC-Non-VTEC-135 hp. 8.8:1 C/R.

Get yourself an H23A1 out of a 92-96 Prelude Se or Si. Make sure that if your F22 is OBD1 then your new motor is OBD1. If your F22 is OBD2 then make sure you get a OBD2 H23A1.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 10 2003, 08:54 AM
Does nobody on this board read the reference section?
92-96 Prelude S-F22A1-DOHC-Non-VTEC-135 hp. 8.8:1 C/R.

It's SOHC. Same engine as the 90-93 Accords.

His Prelude is a 94 (hence his name) so he needs an OBD1 engine if he plans to swap.

Back