Wheel Hop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Grifter

B18C1
- Integra Axels
- SIR Shift linkage
- Short Ram Air intake
- 2x ECU's Chipped with custom chip I burned (No Speed Limiter, No rev Limiter, No ELD light, Higher Vtec point, modified fuel map)
- New Factory Timing belt
- Skunk 2 Air Intake
- Toxxin Rims (17”)
- Lowering springs
- New Control arms
- Rear disk brake conversion
- Front and rear Strut tower bar
- Front Sway bar
- Rear tie bar.
- Upgraded Bushings
- Acura engine mounts combined with stock mounts
- ITR throttle cable
- ITR throttle Pulley and bracket
- Zex NOS kit 55Hp shot

1996 Honda Civic Hatch

Now to the problem When I try to take off the line the tires tent to hop, not spin, and not plant but hop back into the wheel wells.

Whats the best way to fix this?

New engine mounts?
Isnt there a traction bar I can add?

mount inserts, traction bars and better wheel tire combo can help. 17's suck for drag racing (or any other kind of racing for that matter) You have zero sidewall to absorb the sudden surge of power at the launch, so they just hop. If you have lets say a drag slick, it will coil up slightly and you'll hop significantly less.

asmallsol said almost every thing- you might also try feathering the clutch it might be your launch sucking (not to be offensive)

Yea, 17"s are a horrible rim for trying to race. Like asmallsol said, mount inserts, traction bars (though you will most certainly run into clearance issues when turning with 17"s), and a smaller rim with a better tire suitable for grip.

Back