Wheel Rub Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

ok, well i got my teins on and set them to what the manual said which gives about 1.5" drop. my car has been in an accident where some moron ran into the left rear of the car. it was repaired and everything, car has no problems driving. but now that i have it lowered i have wheel rub on that corner of the car. i have rota slipstreams 15" on 195/50/15 tires.

my question is if i were to raise it up so it doesnt rub, do i need to do it to both the rear dampers or can i do it to just the side thats rubbing?

i tried some experimenting and i raised just the side thats rubbing, drove it around the block, and it doesnt rub.

manual said after you adjust them to measure from the center of the wheel to the edge of the wheel well, and both sides are even, even though i adjusted the left rear damper.

i guess the main question is, will i fuck um my car, or teins if i ride with one of the teins adjusted differently for height?

i say get under there with a bat and bend up into the wheel well whatever is rubbing. after my accident my rear was rubbing so i took a bat and bent that shit back up in there. get a jack to help get clearance between the tire and the well. but, if you want to change heights, dont do it on just one, change the other to match it, otherwise your car will be way off balance.

how do i know where its rubbing? i looked for marks, but didnt see any.

what does this mean? "get a jack to help get clearance between the tire and the well."

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Feb 3 2003, 02:01 PM
how do i know where its rubbing? i looked for marks, but didnt see any.

what does this mean? "get a jack to help get clearance between the tire and the well."

yes, you must find out where it is rubbing first. and when you do, jack up the car on that side, so you can get enough room to fit a bat between the tire and the wheel well. this way you have room to bend the metal back up into the wheel well, whereever the problem area may be. your first step is finding where it is coming from, obviously you know which tire is rubbing, so feel underneath, in the wheele well for anything that could potentially rub the tire.

Back