Which Is Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Keep it simple. Swap in a B16.

Unless you know how to maintain your car, and honestly most of the people I see don't, LS/VTEC is going to cause you more trouble that you will anticipate the money to fix for. LS/VTEC is fun, and there are no doubts that if done correctly, and maintained properly they can run for thousands of miles with minimal maintainence, it's just that most people don't want to do that these days; they want to swap and go.

Get the LS. You dont have to worry about adding any wires. Your car is light enough that the added power will help it a the races. If you need you can always add N20. Adding a vtec head to it requires too much work. You dont have to replace the bottom end. Really you just have to enlarge the valve reliefs on the pistons. You just wont be able to sustain 8k rpms on that motor forever.

Originally posted by Roro@Jan 25 2003, 11:21 PM
Get the LS. You dont have to worry about adding any wires. Your car is light enough that the added power will help it a the races. If you need you can always add N20. Adding a vtec head to it requires too much work. You dont have to replace the bottom end. Really you just have to enlarge the valve reliefs on the pistons. You just wont be able to sustain 8k rpms on that motor forever.

If you install the vtec oil squirters.. you can rev it out. The ls wont do shit for racing, anyone with a vtec, even some y5/8's or z6's might get you, who knows. its all about driver. :)

Originally posted by Roro@Jan 26 2003, 05:21 AM
Get the LS. You dont have to worry about adding any wires. Your car is light enough that the added power will help it a the races.

If your swapping a motor in your car having to add a couple wires isn't going to break you,and believe me the extra five minutes will be well worth it.And a plain B18B is'nt going to be enough to hang in "the races"

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 25 2003, 11:30 PM

If you install the vtec oil squirters.. you can rev it out. The ls wont do shit for racing, anyone with a vtec, even some y5/8's or z6's might get you, who knows. its all about driver. :)

Blah...Its not the oil squirters that dont allow the ls to rev out to 8k. When i get some dual valve springs and ti retainers and new rod bolts i plan on revving out to 7500-8k on a daily basis. Its been done before on a ton of setups that ive seen.

And do you have any direct experience with racing a ls? Well i do and i can beat b16's up until 4th...id give a 2 car lead on a d series and they would get their ass handed to them

Could i offer you a cold glass of HATERADE? :p

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 26 2003, 01:15 AM-->
@Jan 26 2003, 05:21 AM
Get the LS. You dont have to worry about adding any wires. Your car is light enough that the added power will help it a the races.

If your swapping a motor in your car having to add a couple wires isn't going to break you,and believe me the extra five minutes will be well worth it.And a plain B18B is'nt going to be enough to hang in "the races"

Let me get my friends LS hatch and we'll see how it hangs... Ignorance is bliss until youre proven wrong remember that. Vtec isnt all its kicked up to be :ph34r:

Originally posted by Roro+Jan 26 2003, 03:25 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 26 2003, 01:15 AM
Roro
@Jan 26 2003, 05:21 AM

Let me get my friends LS hatch and we'll see how it hangs... Ignorance is bliss until youre proven wrong remember that. Vtec isnt all its kicked up to be :ph34r:

In all motor, yes, a VTEC motor with the exact same mods as an LS motor, in the same car with the same driver, the VTEC will beat you. If LS is so powerful, then why the fuck is everyone running vtec in all motor and pro racers running vtec/t setups?

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jan 26 2003, 01:29 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Jan 25 2003, 11:30 PM

Blah...Its not the oil squirters that dont allow the ls to rev out to 8k. When i get some dual valve springs and ti retainers and new rod bolts i plan on revving out to 7500-8k on a daily basis. Its been done before on a ton of setups that ive seen.

And do you have any direct experience with racing a ls? Well i do and i can beat b16's up until 4th...id give a 2 car lead on a d series and they would get their ass handed to them

Could i offer you a cold glass of HATERADE? :p

Blah, your right. I was thinking on the ls/vtec motor.

I was :owned:

Originally posted by paragus+Jan 25 2003, 04:41 PM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 25 2003, 09:29 AM
he wanted opinions so i gave it... if i was post whoring i'd be in 'anything goes'    OH GEE WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT that's where 65% of your posts are....  

i dont give a fuck about how many posts i have.. or where i post.. i just talk to people.. whoopty fucking do 65% of my posts are in anything goes. if it was up to me.. id like to have -432958 posts like sisteve, sorry that you got so butt hurt over my comment

yeah the point was that you called me a post whore, like i just post useless crap all the time, and i made it clear a large majority of yours were in anything goes...... it's called proving a point pal.....

ls is slower- because its tranny is taller than a guy on stilts.

slap the same tranny on it- then go at it.

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 26 2003, 11:43 PM
tell someone who cares. im done.

good responce... i know there was nothing valid you could pull outta your ass.... now from now on lets not bash on other members that didn't start anything with you ok big man?

your obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a shit.. i seriously dont care.. i wasnt trying to bash on you, its just a commnet. i seriously didnt know you would cry all over this... ppl joke around with the comment post whore, so dont get so defensive ok "big guy", "pal". i dont argue with ppl on the internet :p im just here to talk and have a good time.. :D ok?? good?? im done. unless you ask another question..lol

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 27 2003, 11:34 AM
your obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a shit.. i seriously dont care.. i wasnt trying to bash on you, its just a commnet. i seriously didnt know you would cry all over this... ppl joke around with the comment post whore, so dont get so defensive ok "big guy", "pal". i dont argue with ppl on the internet :p im just here to talk and have a good time.. :D ok?? good?? im done. unless you ask another question..lol

ok then agreed, nobody cares.... i just get a little jumpy, when people start to flame you... you've used honda tech before right??? hahahaha.. i'd hate to see this place turn into that.

Come on guy's chill out,prawjEKt,I don't see this place turning into Honda-tech any time to soon,the admins ban way too many people,right when they start fuckin shit up,for that to happen.

yea ive used honda-tech before.. people flame on each other ALL the time there.. i dont think hondaswap will get like that...that would be gh3y :ph34r:

Back