wire harness rewiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

si88crx

Oki have an 88 crx si with a 89 crx hf engine nay harness with a b18b1 in it. i have everything connected and the motor is turning over but over by the driver side firewall where the injector resistor plug(green plug) and the plug that goes to a tan plug that comes from the driver side firewall has 2 wire that arent connected to anything( yellow wire and a white wire). A friend of mine say it one controls the top dead center sensor and the other controls the crank sensor. my questions are:\

1) Do these 2 wire control these sensors?
2)Which on is which?
3) What would i have to connect them to for them to work properly?
4) could this cause a vehivle from getting a spark?

If anybody has the answer please let me know. I dont know where else to turn to, so i wanted to ask the honda gods

Dont make the "Honda gods" do your homework.

Bust out the multimeter and run a continuity test to verify which wire is what.

Here is an ECU pinout free of leg work charge. ;)

OBD1 ECU pinout

first off, you cannot use the 89 HF engine harness with the 88 Si chassis harness unless you rewire a few things

on the 89 HF harness, at the driver's side firewall connector, you should have 2 yellow wires - one is for injector #4 and the other is for the EGR lift valve - how do you have the driver's side connector wired? - did you leave the round 8-wire connector on the HF engine harness and then swap a matching connector onto the Si chassis harness to replace the original rectangular 6-wire connector or did you swap the rectangular 6-wire Si engine harness connector onto the HF harness? - the reason i ask is that you need to have the correct yellow wire from the HF engine harness connected to the yellow wire on the Si chassis harness in order for injector #4 to work - if you still have the round 8-wire connector on the engine harness and didn't move any of the wires, the correct wire won't be hard to identify - the round connector has three rows of wires, two at top, four in middle and two at bottom - the two yellow wires should be in the middle row of four, right next to each other - the one on the end of the row is for the EGR lift valve and the one right next to it (second from end) is for injector #4 - if you swapped the rectangular 6-wire connector onto the HF harness, then you will need to check for continuity to find which yellow wire is the right one for injector #4

the white wire in the driver's side connector on the HF engine harness is for the igniter and not being connected is why you have no spark, and you should have a code 15 showing on the ECU - the problem is this: the white igniter wire in the Si chassis harness, that goes to the ECU, is in the firewall connector on the passenger side and not in the driver's side connector - you need to get the white wire to the right location on the passenger side

Back