Wiring Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Alright, I need someone who knows how to wire VTEC, I am electronically challenged, I am proud when I hooked up my Xbox right :) Anyways, here is the VTEC solenoid...where does it hook up to, where do I run the three wires, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I pretty much got it, I have to add to wires to my current harness, or buy a Z6...How easy is it to add the wires and run them theu the firewall to the ECU?

I got lucky and didn't have to,but my friend did and he said it was really easy.He just got the right ends to plug it into the ecu then ran it along his harnes taping it in,then went though the firewall where his power wires for his stereo went though.

Will a 98 GSR vtec solenoid look the exact same? I'm about to drop the GSR in my 93 Cx and have to wire vtec as well.

Originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch@Mar 25 2003, 09:03 AM
Will a 98 GSR vtec solenoid look the exact same? I'm about to drop the GSR in my 93 Cx and have to wire vtec as well.

no, it will look different, but the wiring will be the same.

Do you have to Convert wires around on the harness for going from non-vtec crx si to an obd1 z6 motor? or just run the vtec wires to b5 and a4?

Originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch@Mar 25 2003, 09:03 AM

you :cockblocked: my thread, asshole

Afipunk 21, are you running a 96+ ecu, if so could you tell me what pins to plug the vtec wires into on the ecu? Im doing a y8 mini-me on a y7.

also could you tell me how your swap worked out? (performance wise)

Thanks.

Back