Women 101

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Well, here goes.

I give up. No matter what I do, what I say, how I respond, it's always wrong.

For the 5th time in my life, I got the "we should just be friends" ... "because I (meaning her) feel I can't give you (meaning me) all that I want to give of myself".

I was perfectly happy with what I had going. I never complained that I couldn't see her, or didn't have enough time to go out, or anything. The times we did have together, were generally on the good side. And now today, she flips out basically, kinda putting words in my mouth so it didn't sound like it was her doing....
for example- I'm not what you want
when I've told her several times that she is what I want. and that it's not about quantity, it's quality.
This went into her saying that she feels that she can't devote 100% of her efforts into a relationship right now. Not because of me, but because of her. I replied and said that what I do have from you right now is enough. I'm not asking for more. Again, it went back to her. She said that she wouldn't feel right about it.

so, to some this all up, ohhhhh K

a big long, ok. Inside, i'm hurt cuz i really care about her. But moreover, I'm fucking confused as hell. I KNOW she likes me, and deep down, she wants to be with me, but she keeps on pressing to just be friends for a while. Like a title is going to change the way either of us feel about each other??

If you LIKE someone, and CARE about someone, and want to BE with someone, WHY do you just want to be friends? It makes 0 sense to me. none.

I waited 3 years for someone to come along that i actually think was what I wanted, but its the same thing, all over again. The same shit i went through with my x's.

Enough about my pathetic and fucked up love life, the point of this thread is to delve into women's heads a little... and hopefully get some response from our few female members.

Post your ... not so much problems, but confusions. I guess my main question here is why do girls stuff like this? Why do they avoid what the truely feel? Why are they all afraid of having someone care about them, be there for them, and want them? It never fails. The second i start getting close to a girl, they run away from me. Is it me? or is it every girl out there who I simply cannot seem to work with on a relationship level? I mean, I have a handful of female friends and we get along just fine. The second emotion is involved, shit just hits the fan.

Maybe it's cuz of b16vx's old sig....
due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

I often wonder the same things.....

tell her "ok you're right lets back off or awhile and just be friends" then never call her

give it a few days and she will be back

friggin eh works everytime

but if you're like me and you are then you wont play the games girls for some reason love playing even tho they bitch about how guys always play games with them... gee I wonder why

I could go on forever about how girls suck and Im sure you could to

wish they would grow the F up

look at it this way more time for the car and gym =)

ok. maybe you are rushing into things too fast with women?

or maybe they just dont care as much as they say they do?

i really dont know you outside of hondaswap, so everything i tell you on here and in im's is purely guesswork. i see alot of my traits in you, so the shit i tell you naturally relates to that aspect.

the only GOOD advice i can offer you is this.

dont wait around any longer to meet new chicks...date date date. thats the only way you can get a better grasp-hold on what women are like.
you WILL fail. i guarantee it. maybe you will fail several times in a row...

but the point is eventually, you will figure out what is going on. your smart enough to be perceptive enough to find out what is going on.

just do it dude.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 21 2003, 01:10 AM
ok. maybe you are rushing into things too fast with women?

I think this is the case, especially after some of the posts you've made asking about what you should do about certain girls. Just take it slow, and don't scare them off.

i hate to say this but the only way to make women act like you want them to is to get yourself in great shape and take care of your body. yea, sounds stupid but trust me, it works. its not working for me NOW cause im just a fat fuck these days, but it did work for me back in the day. if you look hot, women will want YOU. thats the thing. instead of you trying to get their attention...they are the ones trying to get YOURS.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 21 2003, 02:17 AM
get yourself in great shape and take care of your body. .

and then, its bullshit superficial. not what i want.

if she really feels down inside that she wants to be with you, you should do this...start going out with other women or at least try meeting some. make sure she knows about it somehow. if she DOES feel that she should be with you, she will quickly start calling you/asking about you again....cause she will be afraid she might lose you. while youre doing this, dont lose touch with her. call her every now and then just to chat as friends.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 21 2003, 01:18 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Oct 21 2003, 02:17 AM
  get yourself in great shape and take care of your body. .

and then, its bullshit superficial. not what i want.

you are not a rich man brian. you cant afford to buy a ferrari at this point in your life. do you still NOT want a ferrari?

follow me?

maybe u should start working out a bit?

but yes, that IS superficial.

chicks should like you for who you are.

you guys are missing the point. She says she likes me and wants to be with me, just not right now. she said like in a month when things are less hectic or something, that maybe we can try again.

I find this to be just bullshit. i don't know.

I'm really ready to go live in a cave in the middle of the woods and stop interacting with people. All they do is hurt you. I don't need it. I have myself, and i don't need anyone else to be there for me. Half the time when you need 'em, they're not anyway, so fuck it. who needs em?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 21 2003, 01:33 AM
you guys are missing the point. She says she likes me and wants to be with me, just not right now. she said like in a month when things are less hectic or something, that maybe we can try again.

I find this to be just bullshit. i don't know.

if thats true...and it very well may be...then there really sint a problem. she just doesnt want a relationship right now. i say ride it out. dont call her or email her for awhile...make her miss you and then call her out of the blue one day. she'll be all happy to hear from you and wont mind going out again.

maybe she felt a little pressured, and just wants a little space.....them danm girls are always like that....just be glad that it's not the other way around....I got sucked in twice to marrage because of that biological clock crap, or all my freinds are married and I'm not crap....

Just sit back, give it some time...if she's really interested, then she will come back to you with a stronger will to stay with you...

She called me about 5-8 times a day. I called her maybe 1/8th of the times that we've talked on the phone. if anything, she was pressuring me.

and this really isn't about HER, or the relationship. I wanted this thread to go on a more general level... i dunno

BACK on topic then......

"WOMEN......WHAT MAKE'S THEM TICK???"

anyone? anyone?/proff from ferris bueller's day off

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 20 2003, 10:00 PM
I often wonder the same things.....

tell her "ok you're right lets back off or awhile and just be friends" then never call her

give it a few days and she will be back

:werd: This has worked for me on two occasions. I played it like i did not care, or I did not hurt me that much when it really did. But if all else fails I say, fuck her mom...
But seriously B, I know where you are coming from, I am just as picky as you, and I cannot stand over superficial shit. It takes me forever to find a chick I like and most of the chicks I dig have no interest in me. It is about quality over quantity. Do not dispare man, keep on truckin', don't call her, and wait for her to come back, and if she does not whatever man just move on, you will find another one, just be patient.

I hate to tell you Brian.. but you're taking love advice from a bunch of guys that post love advice on message boards... that said:

Just be patient, there's plenty of fish in the sea...

In that case... you might as well give up now, neuroscientists have been trying for ages to figure out what makes them tick, but they can't. For example: women need chocolate to remain in any sort of good mood... what the hell is that?

women already have in their minds their idea of a perfect mate...and they are always subconciously comparing you with their ideal mate. thats why wierd things sometimes set them off, and why sometimes you can never seem to keep them happy no matter how hard you try. thats my theory anyway.

hehe. nice sig jiahanhao :D

Back