Wreck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c17r15

on jan 4th, saturday night, around 11:00, my friend and I visited another friend of mine who just had his vafc tuned. he's got a b18c5 in an EG HB, gutted to the bone.

He let me drive his car to see how smooth his powerband was after the tune. My friend's sitting in the back with no backseats. 1st....2nd....3rd....4th...tires chirped in every shift. going about 100 or so, and i see a turn coming up. All the sudden the road started going downhills as I am turning in, I feel the whole car flying, before I knew it all hell broke out, started spinning and we back ended a power pole. my friend whom was originally was in the passenger seat had flew to the back with his head bleeding and eyes closed, the other friend whom was originally in the back was all also bleeding everywhere. Since there were no backseats he was scrathed everywhere by the bare metal. we were EXTREMELY stupid for not wearing seat belts. My first reaction was to take them to the hospital, so I started running to my friend's house to get my car, which was about half a mile down the street. With the adrenaline kicking I made it all the way running as fast as I could, and by the time I got back to the scene the ambulances had arrived. They were both taken to the hospital and one of my friend got 3 staples to the side of his head and the other, who was in the back, had 32 stiches on the top of his head and his back was scratched up really bad from the little metal thing sticking out in the back that holds the seat in place. I myself got 4 stiches in the chin and got little scratches from the glass on my scalp.

This is the third totaled accident that I've been in. The first was when I flipped my 1 month old GSR cuz of some truck, second was a G20 that got T-boned by a car going about 60 (and kept going after it hit us cuz we heard the tires peeling). The turn itself looks like ) and the posted speed limit was 45. I am thinking the reason that we flew was because the car was so light and there wasn't enough downforce (maybe canards and wings DO make a difference.....in some cases).

I am just really glad that all of us are alive. If we had hit the pole any other way all of us would of died. And I got out of the accident being hurt the least. My friend isn't TOO sad because the engine's completely fine and insurance would give him back like 1-2K for the car. I told the police officer that there was an accord coming in our lane and I just jerked it too hard to try to avoid it. I am going to the police headquarters tomorrow to get my license back, don't know if he believes my story though.

please drive carefully everyone, I don't know anything else to say, I'm going to sell my EK and get a FF TT (well...maybe 4wd), got really lucky this time and should treasure my life more.

not to sound like a dick, but you should be banished to driving cars with less than 30 horsepower.

3 cars, flipping them and just doing stupid shit- you should have learned your lesson.

what if you killed both your friends? youd have to live with that the rest of your life dude.

i dunno...
</rant>

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 6 2003, 09:45 AM
not to sound like a dick, but you should be banished to driving cars with less than 30 horsepower.

3 cars, flipping them and just doing stupid shit- you should have learned your lesson.

what if you killed both your friends? youd have to live with that the rest of your life dude.

i dunno...
</rant>

:werd: :withstupid:

you shouldnt be behind the wheel....
without a drastic change you will be the cause of someones death

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 6 2003, 09:45 AM

i dunno...
</rant>

DOUBLE :werd:

Considering you had about 300+ extra pounds in the car,I don't see this as a case for a big wing.I've done some stupid shit in my life,and I'm sure most,if not all the people in this forum have done stuff similar,so I won't reem yer ass,but you nee to think long and hard next time you decide to push with passangers. :angry:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 6 2003, 05:16 PM
Considering you had about 300+ extra pounds in the car,I don't see this as a case for a big wing.I've done some stupid shit in my life,and I'm sure most,if not all the people in this forum have done stuff similar,so I won't reem yer ass,but you nee to think long and hard next time you decide to push with passangers. :angry:

pushing with passengers is "allright" but the major thing is to have people buckled up, your freinds in the back would not have been hurt if you they were buckled up.

They should sell performance back seats, just light versions of the stock ones.

the kid in the back wasnt even in a seat the car was "gutted to the bone".... none of them were belted in, and he was doing 100 down a road he DIDNT KNOW ("going about 100 or so, and i see a turn coming up") without the driving skills to handle unforseen events.... shit even if your on a road that you know like you know your dick you still need to be ready for shit .... cars can pull out of driveways, large animals or people can wander into the road, there can be large potholes you might not have known about, fuckin aliens can come and try to abduct you.... it doesnt matter, anything can happen at any time... you need to be a good driver if your going to do dumb shit like 100mph on a public street.... :bash:

have you ever looked at a good race school? Normally with them, 99% of the graduates never get in an accident that is there fault after they attend the school.

dicks taken.

i'm not trying to sound stupid or anything, i know i f*cked up, got carried away. i'm not a unresponsible teenager, and yes brian i'd probably kill myself if i killed my 2 friends.

i am just trying to share my story and hope others don't do the same thing. of course at the moment my friends and i felt invincible or something......

i do not flip cars and do stupid shit for fun, the 2 other times i got f*cked because other people hit me going 70 and flipped me.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2003, 12:15 AM
have you ever looked at a good race school? Normally with them, 99% of the graduates never get in an accident that is there fault after they attend the school.

Race driving school might be to fun for some to start with.First they should take a offensive driving course.Then once they learn the basics of paying attention and reacting,then move on to a real course.

im setup to attend 3 race school events in the spring :) ... (SCDA, SCCA, Skip Barber)

SCCA- is really good for learning autoX technique (you can/will use it everywhere but its focus is on autoX)

SCDA- is a local league they have events at a few of the semi-local tracks and offer instructor ride-alongs, or open track time if you have the appropriate race license... this gives you time to practice actual race technique (very good for if you plan to track your car... i do :) )

Skip Barber- is pretty much the best race school you can attend... im pretty sure there are schools all over the country... you will learn real world race technique in actual race cars (depending on the class you take)... but the price is pretty high if you dont plan to persue racing as more than a hobbiest ($600-$3500)

I have no remorse for morons like yourself. You wonder why your car insurance is so high? Prime example numero uno right here.

After the first accident, you should have taken a step back and realized that you could kill yourself. I car is not a fuckin toy, dont treat it like one.

As for lying to the cops, you probably just fucked yourself up even more, thats one thing that you should never do because your going to look like a complete immature fuck to them, and they'll make you pay for it once the actual truth comes out.

You remind me of this kid that I used to sell parts to, he would come into the store every friday to make his shit go faster....faster into a fuckin tree because he didnt know how to control his car. He hit a tree head on going 100 mph, killed three people in the car and paralyzed another, lucky for him, he was killed as well, because if I was in that situation, do you think I would want to live, hell no.

maybe you'll take a deep breathe and realize theres a time and a place for shit like that...its called the track!

So do us all a favor and leave your license at the pd.

[/rant]

Originally posted by c17r15@Jan 6 2003, 06:17 PM
dicks taken.

i'm not trying to sound stupid or anything, i know i f*cked up, got carried away. i'm not a unresponsible teenager, and yes brian i'd probably kill myself if i killed my 2 friends.

i am just trying to share my story and hope others don't do the same thing. of course at the moment my friends and i felt invincible or something......

i do not flip cars and do stupid shit for fun, the 2 other times i got f*cked because other people hit me going 70 and flipped me.

well at least you realize your mistake. people do need to hear things like this every now and then to remind them just how dangerous fucking around on the street can be.

Originally posted by c17r15@Jan 6 2003, 06:30 AM
I am going to the police headquarters tomorrow to get my license back, don't know if he believes my story though.

I certainly would not post on the internet, saying that you lied to an officer of the law!

I can't agree with the others on this post. Ya'll don't encourage this person, please? He/she does NOT need offensive driving courses. He/she does NOT need to be on the track. That sort of driving is frowned upon anywhere. Public roads (45mph speed limit, with turns, etc) is the LAST place you should be doing 100mph. :angry:

The track is a place to test DRIVER SKILL first, and the setup of your vehicle second. Everyone is required to wear restraints, usually helmets, etc too. Why would you possibly do things like that with people unrestrained? What if a tire blew out, or something wasn't completely together.... what if a car or deer was in front of you.... and you're trying to stop from 100mph in a gutted car????

I see people drag racing on the roads around here, and here where I live you can lose your license for Drag Racing, which is not limited to racing someone else.... you can just be yourself :blink: and they'll be obliged to take your license.

Please remember that driving is a privelege. Not a right. There's a lot more to driving than feeling the smooth power band to 100mph.

you said your a teenager right? what did your parents have to say about all these accidents?

Back