WTF?!?!?!?! Weird situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So the Mustink aceelerates a little quicker... from a stop. The only place that's gonna help is in the quarter mile.

your can buy a brand new cobalt ss for that price witha 10 year 100k wrnty.

Quoted post[/post]]
So the Mustink aceelerates a little quicker... from a stop. The only place that's gonna help is in the quarter mile.
:werd:

enjoy your slow pos which will only cause you more problems than your b16 hatch.

:)

lol you should've posted this on a mustang board dude.

you'll be back... just like all the other fucktards who bought mustangs.... they all came back.

Wow, i'd raise the own3d flag, but I'm being nice, i got paid today.
Yea dude, congrats on the new car, but I'm really sorry.
My mom had a 1owner Tbird from a 'certified used' section of Pioneer Ford, with 42k on it (v8 4.6l), it made it to 67k before the tranny fell out, 68k and it had the tranny sensor replaced 3 times.
70k and it needed some charcoal canister or sensor or both.
72k fuel pump broked.
73k fuel pump broked.
75k fuel pump broked, and then they said "oh, well we have to fix these wires that melted themselves for it to go away"
75.2k and the switch under the brake pedal broke so she couldn't get in gear.... so the dealer replaced the the tranny sensor again.. and that wasn't the problem. :)
80k, the power seat switch broked, so she couldn't let anyone use her car haha.
After the $8,000 she paid, and the $3500 she paid for all the dealer work (some was under warranty etc), she became disabled, and they repoed it.
Yay :)
Since she was on my (and my sister's) account (she opened it for me when i was 14 for my job at the time) they drained my (and my sister's) account to pay part of the remaining balance.
Best thing that ever happened in the longrun, she's now shopping for a honda, and has plans to buy my GF's EK.
My b16 coupe runs 15.3 [stock], im curious to what the mustangs run?
Take that time, add $40,000 and there's your gas price per year.
:laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
did you get the title? if not, you don't own it.

and they did youa favor anyway.

15k for a 2000 mustang seems over priced to me...

you do not get the title the bank/finance comapny keeps it until its paid off.....you wil only receive a copy if ur lucky

well...you should walk away from that 'stang and find yourself a camaro ss or Z28....PLEASE!!!

Quoted post[/post]]

With the right suspension the mustang has proven to excel on the skidpad. Its RWD its a leg up on a FWD Honda.

If a 2000+ Mustang GT couldn't shake a b16 Sol the thing was beat. 100% completely stock at certain elevations the car has recorded a 14 second flat quarter mile. Its a very nice car and doesn't get bad gas mileage, I was averaging about 22mpg which is the same or better than the WRX when I'm actually getting on the car.

Domestic parts are a fuckload cheaper than import parts, even if the car does break down on you. Honestly I think they're very good cars and far too many people haven't even driven a mustang enough to know their ass from a hole in the wall.

Quoted post[/post]]
well...you should walk away from that 'stang and find yourself a camaro ss or Z28....PLEASE!!!

Okay so we're going to steer the guy away from a mustang and towards a supersport or a z28? I've heard far more horror stories from camaro owners than I ever heard from mustang owners. Everyone I know who had a camaro came to hate it as the car fell a part; thats not to say I don't love the car, I would drive either if insurance weren't so much, the winters in NJ weren't so bad, and I wasn't going to draw too much added attention to myself and get arrested in the damn thing.

Ideal for myself personally would be a Camaro SS w/ 6 speed and T tops or a Trans Am LS1/6 w/ T Tops.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
The mustank wasn't beat, it was his damn track car. LOL

EDIT:
here is the video for reference. nevermind the Evo's smoking me :p
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/me...eFolksReno2.wmv

I don't need to see a video to believe it happened, I'll take your word for it.

All I'm saying is it shouldn't have happened, a b16 sol is still a high 14 second or 15 second car, the mustang is potentially a 14 second flat car.
When did we start talking about drag racing? Is this now the only way to guage how fast a given car is? :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]
are you SURE you want a mustang???

even at 10k... theres 12312312 other cars you can buy for 10k.

Yeah dude just get a 240.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

EDIT:

All I'm saying is it shouldn't have happened, a b16 sol is still a high 14 second or 15 second car, the mustang is potentially a 14 second flat car.
When did we start talking about drag racing? Is this now the only way to guage how fast a given car is? :shrug2:

In a straight line . . . yes. What else are you gonna use a mustang for? Drifting? :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

EDIT:

You just talked about pulling on a mustang on a straightaway, its a faster car in a straight line, that should not have happened.

I didn't talk anything about auto-xing except in an earlier post when I mentioned that the mustang with the right suspension will far outperform a fwd honda on the skidpad. Cobras aren't just good in a straight line, they're also very very good on the skidpad and thats just a modified mustang.

Too many people talk shit about the mustang without being educated about it.

I like all your posts b16 and you have worthwhile things to say, but people here are giving the car far too bad of rap without intimately knowing it.

Quoted post[/post]]

In a straight line . . . yes. What else are you gonna use a mustang for? Drifting? :laugh:

...like they're doing in the current professional drifting circuit! :ph34r:

The mustang is a a better performance car than a fwd honda, period. It has a better platform to start from so if both were modified equally it would outperform the honda.

I wouldn't buy a 240 unless it was a srdett swap and then I'd have to be weary of how hard it was beaten on and how long its going to take for the suspension to crap out because some fucktard ricer thought he knew how to drift a car. Let alone the age of the 240's and what kind of condition the body is going to be in.

Its impossible to compare a new car thats factory to an older modified car, the newer car is going to be more reliable and in better shape 9 times out of 10; its true that an older car can be completely restored but we know about rust eating our cars up and what young kids do to a car that has an engine swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

EDIT:

You just talked about pulling on a mustang on a straightaway, its a faster car in a straight line, that should not have happened.

I didn't talk anything about auto-xing except in an earlier post when I mentioned that the mustang with the right suspension will far outperform a fwd honda on the skidpad. Cobras aren't just good in a straight line, they're also very very good on the skidpad and thats just a modified mustang.

Too many people talk shit about the mustang without being educated about it.

I like all your posts b16 and you have worthwhile things to say, but people here are giving the car far too bad of rap without intimately knowing it.
I agree the car has a bad rep but for a good reason. I have been open tracking (not autoxing, whole other world) for about 4 years now. In all that time I have NEVER had one get by my FWD Honda on the road course. This is just from personal experience. It may be a fun car to drive and may feel fast, I don't know. Unless there was something with the 50 something mustang's I've shared the course with over the years, cobra's included. Although, I have not seen one of the newer cobras out there yet, which from what I understand is a huge improvement. But, especially in the corners these cars just do not have it, I'm literally on their asses. Maybe its weight transition on them which doesn't come into play on skidpads? I think 1/4 mile times and skidpad results only show part of the story. I doesn't convey the dynamics that happen in real world driving.

Quoted post[/post]]
I agree the car has a bad rep but for a good reason. I have been open tracking (not autoxing, whole other world) for about 4 years now. In all that time I have NEVER had one get by my FWD Honda on the road course. This is just from personal experience. It may be a fun car to drive and may feel fast, I don't know. Unless there was something with the 50 something mustang's I've shared the course with over the years, cobra's included. Although, I have not seen one of the newer cobras out there yet, which from what I understand is a huge improvement. But, especially in the corners these cars just do not have it, I'm literally on their asses. Maybe its weight transition on them which doesn't come into play on skidpads? I think 1/4 mile times and skidpad results only show part of the story. I doesn't convey the dynamics that happen in real world driving.

...or the fact that you are racing amateurs that probably aren't the most skillful drivers, especially when the mustang is usually saved for a pony car position or the 1/4 mile from the factory. Its just like I've yet to see many mustang owners with a turbo'd car, but should they turbo their car they're going to blow any smaller displacement turbo charged engine away, its just common sense. Its also common sense that with the correct setup the RWD > FWD, end of story.

I thank you for sharing your experiences but it doesn't sound as if you're intimate with the car and driving the car, it really is the only thing that Ford has going for it other than the lightning in my opinion.

Quoted post[/post]]

...or the fact that you are racing amateurs that probably aren't the most skillful drivers,

So the mustang should lose becuase its an amateur class? isnt the honda drivers also amateurs?

I think it's easier to go faster in a RWD car. amateur VS amateur the person in the mustang shuld have the upper hand since its a RWD car however since its a piece that isnt the case.

Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah dude just get a 240.

Easier said than done in South Carolina. I got a s14 with 105k miles for 3200, then I got rid of it later. I have been looking for another 240 for almost a year around here with no luck. Everyone around here wants 6500 for a s14 with 150+k miles, which in my opinion is just ridiculous. 240s are really rare around here.

Back