XBOX 360 Modding...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol one of the comments in there... "Why not just take the case off your x-box and mount all the electronics to a board and hang that bitch on the wall? Open air = cooler?" rofl

Hehe I was looking into that too... but I'm just doing some DIY cheap mods for now. I don't really see any reason to send my 360 off for someone to mod it for me. Plus I'm on a tight budget, as everyone should be right now. That's why I'm only doing stuff that I have the tools/resources/knowledge to do.

I think I might see if I have a friend though, who can do the software mods... So at least I wouldn't be sending it to another location...

What I'm really curious about is whether I can mod it to run a Blu-Ray drive...

softmod can be done if you have a desktop computer. its jsut hot swapping and paying close attention to detail. if done wrong, you can own a brick.

The case I'm getting is this one...

fc41_1.JPG

The LED kit that comes with it, are red... and I have an RF/power board on the way which has red primary lights with amber error lights.

Can't wait for this stuff to get here...

Till then I've decided to do another project. I have a soft air gun that's modeled after an AK-47, which I'm going to test out that 'carbon fiber' paint finish on a few parts of it...

..okay, kinda fucked up with the silver coat on the first piece so im gonna try again tomorrow

Last edited:
ahahhahaa i came i went i saw.. i froze my bawls off up there...

Oh yes... I am doing some mods to my original Xbow in preparation to install Linux on it... why?

well.. just cause of course...

Beginning with modifying the oem flash mem card into a multi sd/mmc/rs-mmc reader, just from some surplus shit i have laying around here... all solder and dremel for this one. that's all you need!

If anyone's in for a tutorial, I'll do it.

yea you think you did... you ever literally froze you ballz off? my girl locked me out once in the winter... my balls are gone!

lol ok im done junkin up your thread now.

And I thought when there was a new post it would be something worth while... :ph34r:

What I'm really curious about is whether I can mod it to run a Blu-Ray drive...

No, you can't, Blu-ray, and DVD are completely different, and if you could somehow get the console to operate a Blu-ray drive, you wouldn't be able to play games anymore. If you want to play HD content with the 360 just pick up the HDDVD player for it. Since Blu-ray won the format war, HDDVD's a cheap as shit, I just bought Transformers for 1.99 on Ebay.

HD DVD is like going backwards, fuck that.if a Blu ray drive can play dvd media i dont see how it wont play the games... anyways IT's HERE! (attachments) the case and the rf/power board mod. rf board not pictured, and yes that's the bathroom... when fedex got it to me i was about to take a shit, so i brought it with me lol

Attachments

• CIMG0844.JPG
    CIMG0844.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 140
  • CIMG0848.JPG
    CIMG0848.JPG
    537.1 KB · Views: 133
Back