you can have any car in the world

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i am having a really tough time deciding
i would love to get an elise (actually id probly wait for the exige to come over in 07)
but then i really like the fx45 and i would be able to fit more than one passenger in it, it could tow my quad and my sol, and it can out handle and out accelerate most sporty cars
either one would be easy to afford the insurance and maintenance on
its a hard choice between a sexy ass toy and a really cool still practical vehicle for me

I'd never go for a Skyline, as you'd have to pay a fee of between $15,000 and 20,000 just to get Motorex to make it U.S. smog legal for you. Then there's the little fact that the best Skyline's only ran 13.7 in the 1/4 mile stock. And, unless you got shitloads of cash laying around, you couldn't afford to modify it to make it super fast after you paid to have it smogged. Waste of a choice on an old dinosaur.

I'd go for an EVO VIII. Decent gas mileage, world beater handling, all wheel drive traction, 4 door utility, balls to the wall, and can beat most sports cars in stock form. Not to mention the awesome power gains you can make just getting an ECU reflash for a few hundred bucks.

Other than that maybe a new Corvette Z06 (11.9 in the 1/4 mile is nice), although I don't really dig American cars much. And the gas mileage sucks ass.

you dont have to motorex legalize it. there are ways aruond it but youll be limited to how often you get to drive it :p . and in the Ztunes case, you can get a free pass since only 20 was built.

some people are known to have strip down cars completely, ship them over as parts, put it back together and register them as kit cars. however, this requires great deal of connection with the company shipping for you because i can only imagine somebody will probably steal parts for you because its "JDM."

and the gt-r is old???? you must be smoking crack. the last one was out the door in late 03. the nurspec models. thats only 2 years old. the gt-r is way more capable than an evo; it would only have trouble with tight courses due to its size.

skyline > evo big time

why? nissan is a nice company to buy from since its gaining market again and has the backing of Renault, which just won the F1 manufacters title. mitsubushi is a flondering company that just got ditched by dodge. if its situation doesnt change, we probably wont ever see a diamond star car in the next 10 yrs. they make shitty cars anyway, abiet the evo.

Renault Clio Sport 24v V6

6 speed and a 3.0 in the trunk y0!

-note the location on the steering wheel

renault_clio_sport_v6_2000_01_m.jpg

clio_sport_v6_24v.jpg

clio_moteur.jpg

I'd get a blue RSX-S A-Spec too... that car is teh secks!1y0ne!1!!
I'd buy it used so i don't have to pay tax on it..
Az = no tax on private party cars. yummy.
rsxaspec04_02.jpg

If it were me, it would be a 69 Yenko Nova , fully restored, in rally green. with deep dish rally rims, like the top pic

69yenkocamaro.jpg

148_0403_yenko_01_z.jpg

I'm kinda sketchy on the details myself, but I'm sure resident Supra-guru Celerity or someone else could enlighten us. Has something to do with the 98's being basically JDM Supras with LHD and ECU modification to make it pass smog here and run on 91. Don't quote me on that though, just a speculation.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd also go for the Z tune...as long as my uncle would pay for the Motorex conversion to USDM standards too!

lol

motorex is out of business.

there are no more skylines coming into the states. if its here, its here. but no new ones are being legalized.

good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'd also go for the Z tune...as long as my uncle would pay for the Motorex conversion to USDM standards too!

lol

there are no more skylines coming into the states. if its here, its here. but no new ones are being legalized.

good luck.
:shrug2: doesnt say that on their website.

Its a toss up for me between a r34 gtr, 72 hemi cuda, a 96 viper gts indy pace car, and a 05 nsx

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd go for an EVO VIII. Decent gas mileage, world beater handling, all wheel drive traction, 4 door utility, balls to the wall, and can beat most sports cars in stock form. Not to mention the awesome power gains you can make just getting an ECU reflash for a few hundred bucks.
Good choice :wink: It makes a wonderful daily driver too, I love mine :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

lol

good luck.
:shrug2: doesnt say that on their website.

Its a toss up for me between a r34 gtr, 72 hemi cuda, a 96 viper gts indy pace car, and a 05 nsx

trust me, they are out of business. i'm on a mailing list with sean morris. if you don't know who he is, you're not into skylines.

So, what happened? Last I heard DOT was pissed off at them because they weren't actually making the changes to the cars they were supposed to and got caught?

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd never go for a Skyline, as you'd have to pay a fee of between $15,000 and 20,000 just to get Motorex to make it U.S. smog legal for you.

Reading > You

Quoted post[/post]]
ok heres the deal
your long lost uncle or some shit shows up saying he will buy you whatever car you want...

Quoted post[/post]]
Then there's the little fact that the best Skyline's only ran 13.7 in the 1/4 mile stock.

. . . maybe if you drove it.

The Z tune runs 10.1 in the quarter and the R34 ran 12.9 in the quarter.

R34 Skyline, a factory quoted 280hp, private party dyno #'s confirm 350ish crank hp

The car weighs basically the same as an Evo or Sti with more power than both (cars that run low 13's) . . . . . 12's are entirely possible in stock form.

Quoted post[/post]]
So, what happened? Last I heard DOT was pissed off at them because they weren't actually making the changes to the cars they were supposed to and got caught?

yeah, they lost the legal right to convert them or something along those lines... and without that, the comapny is worthless...

You're forgetting that RB Motoring still has a DOT license - and so far is taking the lions share of importation from Japland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back