you can have any car in the world

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
R33 GTR.

im on the notickets + no accidents = cheap insurance bandwagon too.

if not that... then an S15 w/ an S14 tranny

if not that. an Evo IX MR.

you have to pay the registration
you have to pay the tax
you have to pay for the insurance
you have to pay for all of the maintenance
all he is paying for is the car.

to keep it on topic...

he is going to put the car on the track where it belongs... he races it in vintage car races all over the country

Because he can afford too....since he's rich.

Now say hypothetically...you did somehow get a 911 GT3....

Now...can you actually afford to pay the CT tax for the car at registration?...or the property tax on that car for 3 years?...and I bet the actual yearly insurance on that car, plus the other two cars that you do have (times 3 years) will feed a small country for a month.... And you'll have to change parts on the car if your going to beat on it for 3 years...and simple things like tires are easy to afford, but when the clutch starts slipping, then your going to have to get a third job to just be able to afford the parts for the disk and tune up...knowing my luck...I'd prolly crash it the first time I really opened it up and then I'd be sitting on a pile of junk for three years that I had payed for just to get it legal in the first place.

I kinda speak from experiance...since I'm always broke just trying to keep the Z in a racing status....plus the other cars I have, even with my record...is almost putting me in the hole...so I'd just get something thats still a classic, keep it a classic, and when the time comes...sell it to payoff my mortgage......and I'll still have the other cars to drive and beat on...

This is why I chose a spoon NSX. The spoon work-over would have to be paid for by the ol' uncle. And to make things cheaper and easier for me, make it a USDM version. No import garbage or tax to deal with.

I could foot the $8k sales tax on it.. I could finance that. Insurance would be high but not murderous as say, a ferrari or a porsche. I do not have any accidents on my record, and I believe, as of last september, only two speeding tickets showing.

Would I finance 10k for an nsx tax/registration, etc..?? Hell yes I would.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ariel Atom, with the 300hp supercharged b16b I wouldn't drive it enough to have the costs be through th roof.

Its not a b16b, its a K20A. And as far as value, probally the closest "super car" performance you can buy and have close to civic manitance costs. The engine is a honda engine, so we all know the thing will last forever, unlike a ferrari where it may cost you 5-10 thousand for a 50,000 mile tuneup. Brakes are probally the only pricey thing on the car, and if you get the big brake package, they are going to cost you the same price as a evo's to replace (no civic brake job but still no 10k for new rotors) Tires will be semi pricy but again, about the same price as an evo's, no 5-grand for a set of Perallis for a McLearn.

On top gear's Power lap track, here is where it faired....
1st Maserati MC12 - 1.18.9
2nd Ferrari F60 Enzo - 1.19.0
3rd Ariel Atom - 1.19.5
4th Porsche Carerra GT - 1.19.8
5th Mercedes McLaren SLR - 1.20.9

sunday_times_463x276.jpg

How can that not scream sexy.

I'd want a Lotus Exige with the optional TRD supercharger kit installed.

It's a coupe, full roof, and is DAMN quick and agile. I'd keep my Mustang for drag racing, and my truck for the parts runner it is, and have this as the "toy" car to drive to work when I felt the urge, and bang around picking up the bitches in town. :wink:

easy the mercedes 1954 w196
why cause insurance for theft is no big deal, registration is the same 54 bucks no matter what (unless you have classic or bussnis then is a little extra)
maintnance is no big deal how much would a car cover cost?
and as for the taxs well in my province i don't pay any if its worked write so ya ill take the most expensive car i could think of

I think I would like a 97 Del Sol with it fully customized from panel snaps to the body. also a turbo'd h22 with a lsd tranny.Internls.

So, is there a problem with me iking a del sol. Just to make you'll happy. My real dream car I'm sorry to say is a Nissan Skyline R32-34. I love the performance and the styling. Del sol is just my hobby as right now.

you have to pay the registration
you have to pay the tax
you have to pay for the insurance
you have to pay for all of the maintenance

let's see
Reg is about $45 for two years in Oregon
No sales tax in Oregon
I'm an Insurance agent (mad discount FTW)
and I'm handy enough to do minor stuff, and without a car payment I could swing a mechanic

Thanks Unc!

Who cares if the car i like is a del sol. I like del sols. get over it. damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back