zc dohc into rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rex

i was told the only change putting a zc dohc into an 88 crx hf is the distributor wiring what is the difference and how do i wire it up and is this the only problem?

Originally posted by 88rex@May 25 2005, 07:19 PM
i was told the only change putting a zc dohc into an 88 crx hf is the distributor wiring what is the difference and how do i wire it up and is this the only problem?
[post=503669]Quoted post[/post]​

use the HF engine harness - at the distributor, the HF harness has a round 7-wire connector - the DOHC ZC distributor has a square 5-wire connector - remove the connector from the HF harness and install the connector from the ZC harness onto the HF harness (connector from DX or 88-89 Integra will also work) - match wire colors on the engine harness side of the connection with the wire colors on the ZC distributor connector - you will have 2 wires left over, a blue with yellow stripe and a blue with a green stripe - these wires are for the Cylinder Position Sensor which is on the end of the exhaust camshaft on the DOHC ZC - remove the green 2-wire connector from the ZC harness at the CPS and connect it to the 2 leftover wires, again matching color for color - you will have one connector on the HF harness which doesn't connect to anything - it was for the EGR valve, which the ZC doesn't have - everything else connects right up - you cannot use the HF or Si distributor on the DOHC ZC engine

Originally posted by jlicrx+May 26 2005, 11:45 PM-->
@May 25 2005, 07:19 PM
[post=503669]Quoted post[/post]​

use the HF engine harness - at the distributor, the HF harness has a round 7-wire connector - the DOHC ZC distributor has a square 5-wire connector - remove the connector from the HF harness and install the connector from the ZC harness onto the HF harness (connector from DX or 88-89 Integra will also work) - match wire colors on the engine harness side of the connection with the wire colors on the ZC distributor connector - you will have 2 wires left over, a blue with yellow stripe and a blue with a green stripe - these wires are for the Cylinder Position Sensor which is on the end of the exhaust camshaft on the DOHC ZC - remove the green 2-wire connector from the ZC harness at the CPS and connect it to the 2 leftover wires, again matching color for color - you will have one connector on the HF harness which doesn't connect to anything - it was for the EGR valve, which the ZC doesn't have - everything else connects right up - you cannot use the HF or Si distributor on the DOHC ZC engine
[post=504182]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the great info

Back