$2004 challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol Posted on Jul 5 2003, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (tedwright @ Jul 5 2003, 12:33 PM)
last year there was a z there that ran 11s. damn an 11 second car for 2k??? there was also a v8 powered miata there. some of it is questionable, but all in all it should be a good time. this year should be even better...........everyone gets an extra dollar to work with

I was reading about this. Someone had a pretty good car, worth way over 10k. He put it in an acution, put shit all over it, put rusted panels on it, bought it back for like 1500, still had money left over for some other crap.

thats bullshit, it really takes the fun out of it. you are gonna have people who cheat no matter what you are doing...........we are going all legit, and will have a good time even if we do not win anything.

92CivicCx Posted on Jul 5 2003, 12:43 PM
how did you get a 96 for 350?

looked like they hit the towball on a truck or something.....fenders were not damaged, hood was replaced, radiator support was bent right where the airbag sensor was, and when the radiator support was bent, and it broke the 2 $30 a piece plastic headlight farings. so pretty much we bought a 1996 metro with a different color hood, blown airbags, and two broken headlight grommets that are inexpensive. since the airbags were coming out anyways, this was not a problem. oh and the radiator support just bolts in, so we might get a new one, but its bent back and the hood latches and everything lines up as it should. car has a clean title, interior was very clean, paint was alright except as for where described and the light surface rust starting on the drivers side. oh and it had 4 brand new snow tires.

oh and it turned over 80k miles on the ride home.

pics will be up suday night or monday..............ji has the digital camera and hes out of town for the weekend

why the hell do my quotes come out wrong.........i cant figure out how to make them the right way, with the person time and date it was used from. :wtf:

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 5 2003, 01:08 PM
why the hell do my quotes come out wrong.........i cant figure out how to make them the right way, with the person time and date it was used from. :wtf:

click the button that says "quote" above their post..

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 5 2003, 01:10 PM
hit the "quote" button on the top right of each persons post.

lol thanks.........i was looking for it in on the reply screen itself.

hey guys, i dont know too much about gearing..........is this horrible or what?

First 3.42
Second 1.89
Third 1.28
Fourth 0.91
Fifth 0.76

Final 3.79

well.. your second gear sucks.. it looks like they intended 4th to be a "high" OD and 5th to be OD.. the final drive is middle.. since you're boosting it (right?) you'll be fine with the FD, but i think that 2nd gear is going to kill you.

yah, its gonna be boosted. keeping this transmission, is there anything i can do about that besides bitch and complain?

where do i go to get rules and stuff about this challenge it sounds like a lot of fun

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 5 2003, 10:13 PM
yah, its gonna be boosted. keeping this transmission, is there anything i can do about that besides bitch and complain?

maybe find a gti tranny.. or whatever it is. (i'm not a GEO person).. maybe find it up, if they even have that model here in he US.. but what sucks is, it has to be for "fair market valve".. meaning hillbilly billy joe bob can't let you have it for 5 bucks b/c thatisn't fair market value (altho to him, it might be)

but i can sell parts im taking off the car, and i plan on it, up to the $350 i paid for the car, and use it, according to the rules. and i might be able to trade my transmission even or with a little cash.

you are pretty much good to go for the farthest distance driven award, i read about it somewhere in there. but you have to drive the car you enter all the way. no trailer

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... PICTURES!

148.JPG

149.JPG

150.JPG

151.JPG

152.JPG

153.JPG

154.JPG

155.JPG

156.JPG

157.JPG

I pulled the valve cover off and it has ROLLER ROCKERS! Talk about high tech, eh? I bet you Honda guys are envious! Our Metro has equal length axles, roller rockers, and a curb weight now of around 1600 lbs. Like my little cousin says, "neener neener neener!"

Back