78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Copper? What made you use copper instead of aluminum?

Great progress man!
(Who's garage is that? is your dad being a little more cool about you using it, or is that new, or.. wha?)

It's copper, because that's what they had at the hardware store. And yeah, it's my dad's garage.

Thanks for the luck, I'll need it :)

So he's not being such a douche as before? great! Take advantage of it while you've got a roof over your project!

i'm guessing its because he has his own house now, but no garage to work on the car..

Klyph gets help w/ wiring:
S-JD014~Spaghetti-Head-Posters.jpg

Good luck w/ that.

BTW, is that the stock steering wheel polished, or is it aftermarket? I so want an old 78 wheel, but haven't come across any decent ones in a while....

It's a stock wheel. I have a stock wood-grain one for when it's done :)

It's a stock wheel. I have a stock wood-grain one for when it's done :)
It would be GREAT to see this thing come to life with the 1940's jeep jump seats and the boat wheel of a steering wheel that they came with stock.

Also... it has to have AT LEAST a 2 ft shifter lever sticking out of the floor.

It would be GREAT to see this thing come to life with the 1940's jeep jump seats and the boat wheel of a steering wheel that they came with stock.

Also... it has to have AT LEAST a 2 ft shifter lever sticking out of the floor.

I have the wheel and the seats. The shifter, I'll have to make, but I see it as entirely possible. I love super tall floor shifters :)

Yup, I have that exact wheel and shift knob :)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/klyph333/DSC02370.jpg

I would nuke that rust before you get much further. Other than that looking real good.

The plan is to get it running, then over the course of a winter when it's not driveable, tear it completely apart and do all the body work and a nice paintjob.

For now, I'm focusing on making the damn thing run. Got no time to make it pretty.

What blows my mind is that it's the "42mpg interior"... you want 42mpg today? You better find a smartcar:
smart_car_icon.jpg

Although...in 30 years, maybe somebody will find one of these & throw in a D16....

Shit, it's already frosty in the mornings. She should be on the road by next spring, but that's what I said last winter :(
I'll update with pics of the completed fuel system soon.

I want to see this thing on the road. Do you have any other Hondas on the road up there? Mostly all stupid ricer trash down here in the valley and in Anchorage.

I've honestly seen only one decent Honda up here, kid named Brian did a K-swap into an EG. Other than that it's all Slutstangs, Lesbaru's and GayRT-4 Neons. Most here hate on Honda.
If you ever come up to Squarebanks, bring some valley bud and help me work on my shitpile :)

Back