78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've driven to all 4 corners of the US and have even been to CA.
I've driven to Seattle for a couple weeks work, but thats about the closest I've come to Alaska. :p

It is like driving from the east coast and back and then a little more. Oh yeah the Alaska highway is a gravel road for the most part.

well i've traveled to montana from arizona. basicly 60 miles from one border to another.

well i've traveled to montana from arizona. basicly 60 miles from one border to another.

60 miles, god damn, how many days did that take you?

Back on topic: I have everything to finish the fuel system, so this weekend I'll be pressure testing it to see if my rubber hoses are going to explode :)

Looks good mate.
Leave the wiring as is... looks better!!!
Thanks! I'm just gonna stuff it all under the dash :)

I finished the fuel system and ran the pump for a few minutes. I had a small leak at the banjo bolt on the fuel rail, but I fixed that and it works great, nothing exploded!!! Yay!!

except I forgot to take pics :( sry

I'm getting some battery cable today, so I can get power to the harness and start checking to make sure everything's in place for the first startup. I'm so close I can taste it. But that might be the lingering flavor of gasoline...

klyph,

dude your really starting to freak me out, your building the same car as me, same motor as me. and you have a daughter and we are both still young.... wtf dude lol.

very nice work thou! im loving it, i wish i could get back to workin on mine, but soon very soon! ill catch up to you soon enough, make sure to keep us updated with pics!

^^^ make a thread with your build.. :D.. we'd love to see another

im on a temporary break. i start a new job monday getting paid a crap load. so after my first pay check im going to buy my donor integra to get all the parts im missing, and hope to have it finished my december. looking at klyphs build, you guys are prob thinking no way lol.

but ive got a few more tools, skills, resources and friends than him, (no offence klyph) so im in high hopes it will fire up before december. im trying to have it done before my baby girl is born, because then i just have to worry about the long slow process of body work and atleast i can drive it around and move it when i need too, so i wont be in a hurry to finish it any more.

i have a thread on 1stgencivic.org on my build, (as well as klyph does) come end of october when i really start tearing into my motor work, i might steal some of klyphs glorey and prob start a thread here too. but basically, you see his, you see mine. same car, same motor. but i have 2" less in the front than he does, because mine was a 1200 not a cvcc, and i plan on throwing on a nice turbo, so im going to be tight for room. i also have a lot more custom body work than he will have.

anyway who ever it was (im to lazy to look back) that wanted the stock steering wheel like klyphs, ill sell mine if you want it. get at me.

klyph, get that beast running! inspire me to finish mine! i wanna see a video or lots of pics soon! good luck man.

Mostly all stupid ricer trash down here in the valley and in Anchorage.

It's like that everywhere! :eek:

I'm so close I can taste it. But that might be the lingering flavor of gasoline...

:lmao:
Yay! The beast is almost alive! There's power to the fuel pump, & fuel to the motor....all you need is power to the dizzy & all the rest of that wiring crap is just for luxury items. Trust me on that one.

Seconded.

it took three days at 87 mph (cruse control) and about 350 on gas. (lincon aviatior)

Got a temporary battery mounted with the ground strap and cables, etc.
I'm going to try to finish rigging up the wiring this weekend for the first startup attempt.

I need to make a checklist before I try cranking it though:

Oil
Coolant, Radiator Hoses
Spark Plug wires
I guess I should hook up the clutch cable, or wire the clutch open, since I don't have the shift linkage hooked up.
hmm, what else?

gas is always a good one lol.
and atleast a good ebrake, never know lol.

make sure you get a video of the start up of this beast!

Is your wiring still a big eagles-nest of random wires, or have you got most of it taken care of and loomed up?

J/C. Post some pics this weekend if nothing else.
Seriously if you were any closer I'd come help :)

O ya, it's an eagles nest, but the majority of the splicing is done. I'm gonna try and finish it this weekend, plug in all the connectors & grounds, go over it with the multimeter to make sure everything's doing what it's supposed to, then crank it over and see what happens...

Back