78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good deal man I look forward to some progress!
Good luck

so tech this weekend is over! any news? get your wiring figured out?

I CRANKED IT OVER.

but it didn't start :(

No spark, the computer's not getting power. I'm checking more wires.........:(.......

Ok, after sorting some grounding issues, I have power to the ECU. When I turn the key on, the LED light on the side of the ECU blinks once. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Also, I still have no spark so dumb question: does the ECU control whether the coil gets power? Can I still get spark without the ECU?

I'm tired and done for the night. My brain hurts.

Dead ecu = no spark.

When you turn on the ignition, does the CEL come on for a few seconds and go out? Does it come on at all? Does it stay on? (not the little light in the ecu, but the Check engine light in the gauge cluster)

well, I haven't wired in the gauge cluster yet. When I turn the key on, the ECU blinks once, that's it. I was just wondering if that was normal. I realize now that of course I'll need the ECU for spark, I just need to trace down all my ignition wiring and make sure everything looks like the diagrams. Thanks for any help, anybody with an OBD0 car wanna look at their ECU when the turn the key on to see if it blinks once?

well, I haven't wired in the gauge cluster yet. When I turn the key on, the ECU blinks once, that's it. I was just wondering if that was normal. I realize now that of course I'll need the ECU for spark, I just need to trace down all my ignition wiring and make sure everything looks like the diagrams. Thanks for any help, anybody with an OBD0 car wanna look at their ECU when the turn the key on to see if it blinks once?

as your question in a better section of this forum. you know one of these honda nerds will know the exact answer. then you should be set.

just a DUH type of thing but ya never know.... are you sure the dizzy and wires and plugs and everything are good? 100% positive? and your using the ecu that came out of the integra right? did the integra even run when you got it? maybe it was doomed from the start. like i said just some duhhhh type things. but seems like those are what get ya most the time lol.

just a DUH type of thing but ya never know.... are you sure the dizzy and wires and plugs and everything are good? 100% positive? and your using the ecu that came out of the integra right? did the integra even run when you got it? maybe it was doomed from the start. like i said just some duhhhh type things. but seems like those are what get ya most the time lol.

It ran when it was in the 'teg, plugs/wires are new. I'm positive it's something to do with my wiring, no doubt something stupid and obvious, once I get a chance to trace all my ignition wiring, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

First start-up coming soon :)

well good luck tracing it down!! id still ask in another section on the board about the ecu light thing. im sure someone on here knows the problem. get that thing fixed! im picking up the turbo for mine tomorrow =]

I'd get it running before I bought a turbo :)

Post THAT in another forum 79civic!!!! Just kidding,
good fuggin' job klyph, this thing will be barreling-ass in no time. Hands down the best project going on right now. We need a sound byte or vid. when you finally get it runnin'!

I'd get it running before I bought a turbo :)

not buying it, its free, just picking it up haha.

so you been working on this wiring or fiddle fucking around? lol how come its not running yet :p lol jk jk i know it takes time.

still need that blink thing tested? If so, I'll check it tomorrow morning. If not, I'll probably check it anyway because I won't know that you don't need me to :D

Sure, check it out for me. I think it's ok, but it's nice to know for sure.

I'm gonna try and get out there to work on it tonight, hope to hear it bark before the end of the week.

good, now trace all your wiring now that you got that part taken care of! its gotta be something simple.

Back