78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Box it in and add a gusset... from the smaller tube to the larger

I'm no engineer

I was planning on boxing it in, but I don't think the gusset is necessary, as the smaller tube extends downward far enough to act as a gusset. I am also planning on adding a piece on the transmission side to allow it to be bolted with three bolts instead of just the two.

klyph I just read this thread end to end and I must say you are doing an awsome job man. Keep up the great work.

possibly the coolest car ever. looks great. do u know by chance how much the chassi weighs?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hay bud thanks for the post on mine and thanks for post on your car you gave me a great idea on the front motor mount for my cvcc b16 let me know if ya get stuck ill try and help.

Got the engine bay painted. Rustoleum stiyuhl!
DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

Also upgraded the Trans mount to utilize three holes instead of 2. I had to drill and tap the holes from M10x1.25 to M12x1.75 since nobody carries any M10x1.25 or M12x1.25 bolts. I think it turned out nice, other than I already fucked up the paint in the vice.
DSC00196-1.jpg

I painted the Rear Mount and used some M14 nuts as spacers since I didnt feel like drilling and tapping the existing M12's into M14's, so i just cut off the ones I had, and used my ghetto spacers.
DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

And finally, I spent about 3 hours cleaning the Intake Mani and fuel rail. I'm so disappointed in how dirty it still is :(
DSC00206.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

She's getting closer every week.

looks great bud hay you want that intake cleaner use the wheel acid cleaner it will get all the dirt off then get clear can paint coat it, it will look new. did that to mine. like the color you did. keep it up.

Hey bro, just a tip. When I cleaned up my IM, I cleaned it good, then sprayed it with a couple light coats of some high-heat paint. Turned out great!

dam dude. i just read that end from end, and i have to say.....im glad i just now found it or i would have had to wait for each update like all you guys. But anyways that is gonna be an amazing sleeper, people are gonna be so confused when you pass them.

More Pics, Enjoy
DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

After being on jackstands for so long it really surprised me how low the car is.

hay""" great job on the rest of the car looks sweet hay did you do the axles yet let me know if not i might be able to help Ya!! CVCC-->Rocket.

Car is gonna look SICK in that silver color. Thats the first time we've seen the contrast from the outside to inside. looks sexy!!!

Back