78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DONT GIVE UP....

i need more inspiration

im looking on ebay at a 75 civic and its like 30 bucks now and 2 blocks from ma dads house....

The wiring is taking longer than I had anticipated. I made some progress but I discovered that i need to refabricate the rear motor mount as it flexes too much.

Well, I'm glad to hear your at least messin with it!
This is the part that would worry me the most.....

wiring a new(er) engine into an old(er) car = :thumbsdown:

sweet build dude, i live in anchorage so i can imagine it must be hard finding parts, and i thought that all d series motors sohc?

Thanks for all the compliments. The engine harness is done (moved bulkhead plugs to the drivers side, not as easy as it sounds). And the Chassis harness is like 30% complete.
I have an idea of how to make the rear mount out of some hockey pucks to do it Alaskan style, so I'll be working on that this week.

I've heard of other people doing it. It should make for a really stiff mount since pucks don't flex hardly at all.

I've heard of other people doing it. It should make for a really stiff mount since pucks don't flex hardly at all.

well, unless your mounts are pretty strong you might want some flex.. the vibration is gonna be bad

Yeah, this car isn't gonna be what I would call a "tame daily driver". It's gonna be loud, fast, and vibrate a lot. Only the rear mount will be uber stiff so i don't think it will be too bad. But yeah, I guess we'll see how good my welds are when i romp on it. Hopefully I don't break too much shit.

i forgot.. its within a 1/4 in clearance with the firewall.. you'll want a stiff rear mount

Back