78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OMG I missed page 21?!?!?!? WTH???

Sweet update bro!

I guess I can't see it on these school comp's... I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Damn... I'm embarrassed :(

<<<< hands andrew his spanker-cheif....... Nice right???

I have to admit klyph...when you leaned over ...I thought the timing belt was gonna snag and rip your jacket off....HAHHAHA

Last edited:
next vid--------- "first burnout" ...and do it with out the fenders on!!

OMG I missed page 21?!?!?!? WTH???

Funny, cause I responded w/o seeing vid either. Bad-ass, mang!

Pssh, my motto is safety first ;)

And that, folks, is why he wears the vietnam era flak jackets. Nothing to do w/ his impeccable fashion sense or the sub-zero arctic weather....it's all about the safety....

next vid--------- "first burnout" ...and do it with out the fenders on!!

Seconded.

does it have any wood? steering wheel shift knob? does it have AC? or just air?

theres lots of little things people fight over like crazy. does it have good glass? get some pictures if you can!

It had all its glass by the looks of it, I'll snap some pics.

Sweet, I might need a hood to hack up when I do my turbo kit. Top mount WRX style intercooler :)

HELLZ YEAH!!!! Thats gonna be sick dude!!! Should have known though... theres no space any where else for it. What you gonna do for that top mount.....Small 300zx style intercooler in between the throttle body and fender ( right about where a air to water cooler would go) with one of those "dryer vent" style scoops kinda off to the side on the hood??? Or exactly like the WRX??

I was thinking I'd have to mount the turbo way over on the drivers side with the hot side facing the pass side. the charge would come out of the compressor, then straight up to a small top mount (like a stock WRX or similar) directly above the valve cover. once it got to the other side it would just need a 180 degree U-bend to go into the throttle body.

This is just BS that I'm throwin around, we'll see if it actually happens.

werd..... . You think your gonna have enough clearance though? Engine bay looks really tight...Thats why i figured you would probally go some where right over top of the tranny. You can deffenitly go bigger over the valve cover though.

werd..... . You think your gonna have enough clearance though? Engine bay looks really tight...Thats why i figured you would probally go some where right over top of the tranny. You can deffenitly go bigger over the valve cover though.

being a huge subaru buff my first instinct was the wrx top mount too... but ive pretty much came to the conclusion it wont work... what i think would be better is the intercooler off a old turbo eagle talon/eclipse. it runs off and mounts to the side sorta in a front mount style but not totally. like FObangah said, it would kinda put it over the tranny where there is room.which would be best for you. i dont think there is any way possible for it to be top mounted in subaru fashion unless you plan on putting a massive hood scoop in that hood. even then i dont think it would be worth the trouble.

im getting off lucky since ill have a real front bumper and a lot more room out front than you do with that steel bar honda called a bumper, ill be able to do a tipical front mount lol.

Those are way sweeter than what I have on installed on my baby....:D
MH660365.jpg
:ph34r:

i'm getting d107 to mold into my front bumper at one of the fog light holes.. run it up to my air box..

Now that I look back at the pics again I think 79civic is right, It is EXTREMELY tight in there. Thats why I was thinkin' air-to-air but mounted sorta like a air-to-liquid cooler ( AH-LAH Comptech SC). Right about where the stock intake tube would be. Vent the hood and box in the intercooler to keep most of the underhood temp out. Or maybe a small elec. fan on the back side of it???

Last edited:
It'd be sweet if a 96-00 DX/LX intake fit that motor! the throttle body points strait up and could except a top mount like the Subies. Mounting over the intake would make a little more room.

Last edited:
So what is the word on drivability. Is this thing going to be moving soon. I know you already have snow up there, at least Fairbanks does. Keep up the work, dont let the darkness slow you down.

Yeah, it's already snowy and cold and dark and shit :(

I'm working on the exhaust now, then the brakes, I'm saving my pennies for the custom axles...

She'll be on burning up the streets by next spring :fosho:

Back