Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What he said is almost entirely true... BUT there is the exception to every rule... just like the english language

I went to highschool with a girl, that not only was completely obsessed but loved riding her R1... and she was damn good at it to.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 22 2004, 12:28 PM
Respectable chick drivers will drive intelligently equipped performance cars.

It's all about women doing what they really want to do. So many of these girl's cars are modified not from their own will, but because their boyfriends want to do it. Fit in babe, or get out.

Motorsports are a distinctly male thing. When a woman joins the ranks, It's much like a man who knows about collector dolls. In my entire life, I have only seen ONE woman differ from this. Single, and working on secret projects.

-> Steve

"Respectable chick drivers".... nice. And us women really appreciate you coining that phrase too.

And what's this all about? "It's all about women doing what they really want to do " followed immediately by this "so many of these girl's cars are modified not from their own will, but because their boyfriends want to do it. Fit in babe, or get out.. "...? I find that paragragh rather confusing for its lack of logic.

Last year you told me that you were the one that was lusting after that 4-Runner first, but that Sue went ahead and bought it for herself. At the time, you couldn't afford it or something, but you felt she did that to spite you. Whatever, at that point you two were still on the "outs".

And motorsports may be male dominated, but there are a good number of women participating in events these days... well once again, look outside of your small CT box. I know a good number of women of all ages that are avid car collectors and autocrossers. And they are not at all influenced by the men in their lives. At the top level, motorsports requires a good deal of disposable income and leisure time, hurdles which affect all of us. Traditionally, men are allowed their hobbies as they were the main breadwinners, while the women had to look after the households and kids, and maybe even juggle a job. But that seems to be why so many females don't have the same side interests as men, they just have no time to themselves, or don't know to take it.

I also know many guys of all ages that prefer driving a 4-door sedan. It is definitely not a chick car.

:roll:

Captains Log...Stardate...062204.1954....

Got a little more work done...I got step two of the motor mounts done.

They got the first treatment a few days ago, so I finished them up today.

step two, trim up the excess Proseal so the motor mount caps will fit over the mount...and then I blasted the caps for the mounts yesterday, got all the crap off of them, and this morning...I litterally filled the cap with that shit, and swueezed the mounts into it.....then form the excess around the mount, and made a perfect seal...then after about 8 hours, I picked them up again, and headed to the wirewheel grinder...and cleaned them up to perfection.....

Proseal B2

And then I spraypainted them Plum Purple...hehe...they look sick.

And I also got the oilpump housing cleaned up, and the rear main crank seal cleaned up, and painted them yellow....

Next, I got to the pressure plate, clutch disk, and flywheel...and got them cleaned up a little...I'll use the redtop pp/d/FW...due to the surface area on the disk...

So litterally...when the weather co-operates decently..and the oil pan can get fully blasted and painted, then everything can go together, and the block can go back into the car......

I am so stoked about this build...I can barely wait to drive it.

Anyways...some more pics....

Here....

Man I wish I lived near you... I def give you a hand on anything you needed....

But keep up the good work and Glad to see its working out for you.

Day 345.....

Not too much work done today...I was out talking to parts shops for some specail parts....but no luck...

I spent half a day just trying to get the sand for the sandblaster dry....next time I'm just going to go buy a new bag for $8...screw sitting down and scooping up wet sand in a coffee can with small holes drilled on the bottem, while useing a hair dryer to get the moisture dryed off...what a big waste of time....

but I repositioned the car again...so now I can just thow the block in and get whrenching on it once the damn oil pan is cleaned up and painted....

ohh well... :sleep:

tommorrow is another day...

afl.thumb.jpg

Cue the calliope music !

-> Steve

This is Airjockie's idea of a Revolver: Or a Beer Changer

6 in the Cylinder, one in the hole.

your garage looks like mine :lol: except i keep the 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 17mm sockets and wrenches in a special place :D

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 21 2004, 11:13 PM
toooooooooooooooooooooooooomuchpink.........starting to think

forgot to mention...

both those civics are pushing b16s
the mirage is turbo pushing 212whp
the 240sx is stock except for intake, exhaust, and lsd. :D

Back