Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It Crank's... :)

And that's about it :(

It's trying to fire off...but it's acting like it's getting no fuel....

So i'll mess around with it later this week again...after I finish Dan's KA swap...it's almost done :)

CLAYTON!!..... i dont have any idea what this feels like for you... just from reading everything on this board and know how far you have come... I really just want to show up at your house and do it to get it done... but dizamn.... GET ERR DONE!

-Aaron

The starter has about 40 hp, is that driftable ?

-> Steve

Well...I had the dizzy installed 2-3 teeth off....

It just started right up :)

It runs...... :beer:

But I have to weld the exhaust pipe up a bit, and fix a leak near the water pump...then I can start it again and try to fine tune it....

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY... good work man hope you get to have some fun with it before it leaves you...

:spin: :spin: Well...I put the rad hose on today, filled the rad up, it still leaks from the pipe I fabbed up, but I got another pipe coming in the maill next week, but I had to see what a mistuned car can do...so I putted around the block...and it made it home with no problems....

I still need to fine tune the timeing, get better spark plug wires, spark plugs, dizzy cap, rotor, fab up a real exhaust or one that don't leak everywhere, and adjust the hell out of the carbs and try to see what the best setting is.....

But all in all, I'm very happy the car moved under it's own power....and stayed consitant with the mistuned set-up......now that all the hardwork is done, it will be time to enjoy this bad baby if I can get it tuned and running the way I want it to.

:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Good i'm gald to hear your car is running my is too :D I wish I had carbs..... I still have to mess with my timing also it a pain in the ass I cant get to idle at 800 without running crappy so I still have some work left to do...

Post a vid of the beast I wanna hear those carbs!!!!!

Peace,

The carbs are louder than the open header I am running...

and my camera sucks for video...so I guess we'll have to wait until Chris can get down here with his camera, and he uploads it on his huge bandwidth website =)

Still waiting for a few more small parts....and I got to find some time to do the work.....the wifey episode drained a lot of car time away from me....

Back