Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the oil pan bolt and the oil cooler fitting, and the waterpump tube today..so that goes on tommorrow..along with the full exhaust I'm going to fab up... ;)

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 1 2004, 01:34 PM
Not a SINGLE gauge workin' !

-> Steve
[post=371080]Quoted post[/post]​

needs a gt-s cluster, but you already knew that.

the paint came out awesome though :thumbsup:

One day I will have a Hachi to just mess around with ............

did a search across the U.S. and there are some in good condition for reasonable prices

got good progress done on the exhaust today...it's going easier than I thought....

I've decided on 2 1/4" pipe all the way back and ending the pipe with a cherrybomb Turbo II muffler under diff route....sounded great on a test fitting....but now everything is getting welded up...even though my welding is a little rusty...it's still doing the job. I got about 3 more welds, then to clean up the seams on everything and paint with some hih temp paint to prevent what corrosion that may happen.

abl.jpg

Then tommorrow after the wife doctors appointment, I can jump on this, finish the full exhaust system, re-connect the oil cooler, and plug the oil sender in...re-wire the A/F meter and see where I'm at for everything. :)

I can help ya...but can't do it here at my garage...unless you know the angles and lenghts.....

Doing some more work on the exhaust....no sleep again today...but I want to get it done before the rain comes or the heat starts up again...so I kicked my ass out of the comp chair and finished the exhaust up.....did the last welds yesterday, and today is the fitting of the hangers and stuff.....and I even surprize my self...hehe...it fits ;) I won't know what it sounds like till later tonight, when I finish cleaning up the other carb, and connect everthing back up....hopefully though..if the weather stays comfortable for the next few hours...then it might be road worthy :ph34r:

Anyway's....I'm waiting for paint to dry, so I thought I would load a few pics....

akn.jpg

ako.jpg

akp.jpg

akq.jpg

akr.jpg

aks.jpg

akt.jpg

aku.jpg

akv.jpg

akw.jpg

akx.jpg

aky.jpg

Oh...and the paint is for the rough NorthEast crap on the roads...and I hate rust, so I only want to make this once....so the paint should keep the rust away for a long time. Plus the curved tip after the tiny muffler is removeable...hehe..the whole system is removeable with the turn of 4 nuts and a flick of a rubber exhaust band...just one...hehe, plus it swings nice with out hitting anything like the axle and body...but I will need to get some stiff ass springs to keep that swing to a minimum...hehe

Originally posted by B16@Aug 5 2004, 11:50 AM
use jackstands you jackass :)
[post=372966]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah we wouldn't want your face to scratch those new axles when it falls

Exhaust is done and installed...good to go...whooooohoooo.

now to get back to the carbs.... :angry:

akz.jpg

ala.jpg

alb.jpg

alc.jpg

ald.jpg

ale.jpg

alf.jpg

alg.jpg

alh.jpg

ali.jpg

alj.jpg