Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all i'm saying :)

TJCivic008.jpg

i was under the impression that the height of the longblock was much taller?

Is they guy that keeps breaking axles running increased camber?

how low on the left? I think I am running the pressures you suggested like 15 lf 18lr 23rf 28rr...arent those what you told me to try? the guy running the eg lowered his rf and lf by a couple lbs and broke an axle...he had so much traction...lol

..I'd run a 4g63 if I was running a mitsubishi
well those sound about right..
does it handle well enough though?

Are you guys tuning these engines? or are you guys running Chips? Also what rpm is your rev limit? what A:F are you running?

B20 sleeves are not weak! whats with people saying "b20 sleeves are junk they suck bla bla bla!" Please people dont comment on shit you dont know. There is a shit ton of B20 vtec running 300whp all day. All you need is a good tune. people keep blowing them because they dont tune em.

Are you guys tuning these engines? or are you guys running Chips? Also what rpm is your rev limit? what A:F are you running?

B20 sleeves are not weak! whats with people saying "b20 sleeves are junk they suck bla bla bla!" Please people dont comment on shit you dont know. There is a shit ton of B20 vtec running 300whp all day. All you need is a good tune. people keep blowing them because they dont tune em.
i do know what im talking about..the sleeve is alot thinner on a b20 than on a b18..therefore causing them more prone to deformation or cracking..
so yes they are weaker than other bseries motors...

ok where to start...

the eg is the one breaking axles, and not sure if he running increased caster he set it up. I do know the only real difference I know of is he is running a b16 lsd tranny(hydro)? my bad I re-read you were asking about camber...no he doesnt have adjusters so he's running stock with lowering struts.

As for the b20 stuff I have no idea just listened to what his experiences were with em...

Handling...yep those pressures are the shit for cornering...but with the track changing every outing....Ive noticed off the corner acceleration changes due to grip off...last race blowing the rev limiter through the roof off the corner, and having to pedal through the corner to get any bite off. were running the rev limiters at 8200 mostly...the #25 that scattered the motor was set at 8500rpm. No were not running an a/f meter and using tunes pulled off the pgmfi? site bin files deal. Im running the b20 lsvtec tune on that site...and seems to be working nice.

#25ef now has a gsr bottom and the 00' si head on it going in today (if new clutch shows up) should handle the high rpms way better.

heres a couple of vids from last sat race...

5-8-10 races in car cams...
from the crx (turn speakers down cause sound still sucks)
YouTube - brian in car cam heat race madras speedway 5-8-10
from the #25ef engine explodes and causes a nice fire...
YouTube - dave in car cam main event 5-8-10 mini outlaws with a fire
more to come ...racing again sat 5-15-10

Well from what my tuner told me you shouldnt spin a bone stock bottom end past 7800 rpm.

Guy revving to 8500 is insane. I really dont think hes making power that high.

So you guys are downloading base maps and burning them on a chip? If so I would get it Dyno tuned or at very least street(track) tuned.

Im not gonna talk about B20 sleeves here, But I will say people are misinformed.

Well from what my tuner told me you shouldnt spin a bone stock bottom end past 7800 rpm.

Guy revving to 8500 is insane. I really dont think hes making power that high.

So you guys are downloading base maps and burning them on a chip? If so I would get it Dyno tuned or at very least street(track) tuned.

Im not gonna talk about B20 sleeves here, But I will say people are misinformed.

I agree with the tuner...we should not be spinning these over the 7800...but when we are only running 2nd gear we have about 300ft or so wide open out of the corner and not enough time to shift to 3rd before your shutting it down for the next corner...I also think alot of the rpms are due to wheel spin(breaking loose) at about half the distance.

yeah were burning tunes to a chip, sometimes slightly modifying them. My tune was street tested before I stripped the car into a race car, the other 2 are shooting in the dark. Unfortunatley our closest dyno is in portland like 3+ hours away. the gsr motor should be able to spin 8200rpm from our info no problem, we are also considering going to b16's for the higher rev capabilities over the lsvtec

yep put a taller tire on it and it should help with the revs down the straights

the next size up is a mini sprintcar tire which is like 74-76 rollout and we are 72 right now...definitly considering that as an option...also they are like 1-2" wider...lol.:D

the eg running the GSR block and b16 head should get a thinner head gasket considering the compression is now lower than a stock GSR motor. I think a two layer hg would lower back to stock compression maybe a little higher.

the eg running the GSR block and b16 head should get a thinner head gasket considering the compression is now lower than a stock GSR motor. I think a two layer hg would lower back to stock compression maybe a little higher.

Im pretty sure he did make it a 2 layer..pretty sure. and a new clutch masters stg 2 clutch also. (this is in the ef...not that it matters though) thanks for input:D

yea dont run a b20 lol the guy is right about shitty sleeves..
gsr should move pretty nice..run as low of airpressures in the left as you can..
im still trying to get my racecar put back together so i can race in a few weeks

:no:

HOw would a b20 have more weight than a b18? A b20 is just a bored out b18.

Weighs the same.

all i'm saying :)
i was under the impression that the height of the longblock was much taller?

No. Same deck height between B20 and B18. The B20 intake manifolds are taller- but you should swap those over to B18 manifolds anyway for better top end power.

i do know what im talking about..the sleeve is alot thinner on a b20 than on a b18..therefore causing them more prone to deformation or cracking..
so yes they are weaker than other bseries motors...

Yes, they're made of glass. They're engineered to crack under stock power conditions, not to mention after 100k+ miles of abuse by the average owner who doesn't know how to maintain them in an older CR-V.

They are NOT fragile. The B20 sleeve will handle quite a bit of power. As far as limitations, you're looking at people with bad tuning or who are just getting too aggressive on their builds or trying to cut corners.

If you're going to run a B20 straight up in a dirt track car, it'll run great. Pack on 300hp more from boost or a bad nitrous setup- then we'll talk about how "fragile" the sleeves are.

Back