anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol. because i know it should be done by then. well the front subframe out of a 83 mustang fit beautiful. just need to make a spacer in the back and a bracket for the first bolt but the middle bolt all i have to do is drill a hole through the frame and then put a long bolt through. but all in all it fit really great. i will have pics up as soon as i can take them. and like i said im going to just get it running with a 302 and might upgrade it later. im going to get everything needed to make it carburated for now and might go to 4.6 later or just will put the 4.6 into someting else. i have had a long day taking everything out of that mustang to put it into my civic

do not scrap it or i will talk to B about banning you...
u better follow through with this ENTIRE build..

well had to faness the back upper bolt hold on the driver side of the crossmember too work a little better. but the back upper bolts will actually bolt up to the OEM crossmember bolt holes . im going to make up a bracket for the front and not sure what im going to do with the very rear bolts. but so far looks like evrything will work out justfine. i will try to have pics of it later today. i still havent been able get my hands on a digital camera so i will still be using a camera phone. and the mustang cross member will leave it sit low and looks like it will be just a little further back then i had it so im not sure how the driveshaft will fit just yet. i will keep updating though. well if i can have the car done and waiting for the motor by friday then everything will be ok. but if i still have to much work then i dont know what to do. i cant keep spendng all this time on this car. i also need to work on my truck. i have to get the windshield for my truck. i wanna go playing in the mud again haha. i was actually thinking of putting the mustang body ontop my truck frame lol. that would look kewl i think,lol

nope. i completely took out the honda subframe and i am bolting the mustang frame in the place

well the mustang subframe is bolted to the car i still need to make the brackets for the front bolts and make it where the shocks will bolt up also. im working on doing that and also put in the coil springs right now.

it sits a whole lot better now. tobad the 4.6 wont fit this cross member. lol
6eg18p.jpg

2r54v10.jpg

2wmjmsl.jpg

is the car sitting like it would if it had wheels on the front? maybe a pic from under the rad support to show how low it is.

no i had the subframe sitting on blocks still
it sits beautiful well i just put some wheels on it and i a working on fabin up the shock towers to be able to hold the shocks. then i am going to cut the springs and put them in. and it all lines up beautiful.

but when i get the springs in and sitting on its own. with no blocks or chains holding it up i will ake a pic from underneath but as of right now i can make it sit anywheres i want really,lol

have you done any measurements for the driveshaft???

Back